Walked past , did 360 , can't believe it followed me home. And without Steve's help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice score!
Had one & used it all the time, great for 2 people. Plenty of room & uses very little fuel.
Al

Thanks Al for the like and the comment

That is what I have been reading , these at all sizes are very fuel efficient.
And I think just the right size for at the trailer for just Mona and I.

David

Wow , that is a long run , they must seal up good to run that efficient and long

So do you normally light up a chimney to use of mostly just light it up in the smoker with the torch?

Thanks Rich
David
I know this thread is running long. I'm a tightwad and don't like to waste charcoal. If I'm doing a "short cook." I'll put a pile of coals in the circle. Then I'll flip my chimney and fill the short side with briquettes. I've got one of those hell-fire torches. Takes a liittle longer to get a full stable fire. depends on what you're cooking, and if your in a hurry. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I know this thread is running long. I'm a tightwad and don't like to waste charcoal. If I'm doing a "short cook." I'll put a pile of coals in the circle. Then I'll flip my chimney and fill the short side with briquettes. I've got one of those hell-fire torches. Takes a liittle longer to get a full stable fire. depends on what you're cooking, and if your in a hurry. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Thanks , i'm good with how long the thread goes , especially if its info for me to use

that's good info for me , thank you, i also need a better torch to light the coals.... I think. Will try it today with just the coals and see how i can regulate the heat to my liking

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SCORE!!!!
Lucky spot at the right time. Have fun with it, I have wanted one to take camping for a while, just could not justify the costs, but $80 I would be in all day long.

Jason

A deal like that could not have happened to a better guy, you deserve it David.
The mod Rich chopsaw chopsaw suggested is a winner. I just used mechanics wire in three spots. It makes a nice charcoal basket. If you want to immerse yourself into all things Weber Smokey Mountain, check out The Virtual Weber Bullet. Incredible website and the owner is as nice a guy as you will find.
The best tip I have for you is to have a 2x3' galvanized automotive drip pan to set your lid and center section on while you are starting up and shutting down. It will keep your deck clean.
IMG_20210313_102008.jpg

IMG_20210313_110657.jpg

I like to set my 14" WSM on my Performer table, works pretty well so your table idea is a good one.

IMG_20211127_120617.jpg

Congratulations on getting a fantastic little cooker at a fantastic price! You are really going to love that WSM.

Hint, hint; three pound meatloaf for the win.

SCORE!!!!
Lucky spot at the right time. Have fun with it, I have wanted one to take camping for a while, just could not justify the costs, but $80 I would be in all day long.

Jason

Thanks Jason for the like and the comment

Yes I normally do not go to that Hardware store , so it really was right place at the right time
And when I saw the size , that is what I was thinking , for down to the trailer for the 2 of us.
But I am thinking this is going to be a lot of fun with full charcoal smoking .

David

Reactions: millerbuilds
A deal like that could not have happened to a better guy, you deserve it David.
The mod Rich chopsaw chopsaw suggested is a winner. I just used mechanics wire in three spots. It makes a nice charcoal basket. If you want to immerse yourself into all things Weber Smokey Mountain, check out The Virtual Weber Bullet. Incredible website and the owner is as nice a guy as you will find.
The best tip I have for you is to have a 2x3' galvanized automotive drip pan to set your lid and center section on while you are starting up and shutting down. It will keep your deck clean

View attachment 679489 View attachment 679490

I like to set my 14" WSM on my Performer table, works pretty well so your table idea is a good one.

View attachment 679491

Congratulations on getting a fantastic little cooker at a fantastic price! You are really going to love that WSM.

Hint, hint; three pound meatloaf for the win.

Thanks Colin for the like and the comment

These are all great ideas and hints, I will look up the site you mention. And the basket and grill is the first thing to do after a wash her up a bit.
Thanks to both you and Rich chopsaw chopsaw , he also mentioned to have a spot to set everything while cooking and taking apart, I like the drip pan tray idea
you have going there.

Great clear pics of your set up. And yes I am excited to give her a trial run to learn the heat and air flow .

then a nice first food run. I like the 3 pound meatloaf idea, ha ha

David

Colin I had to come back here and say , my god you keep a very clean set up with all your gear. I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to anything to do with food. Especially preserves. and curing meats
So my hat is off to you sir . :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: David

Last edited:

Thanks Chris for the comment

I know , that is what really caught my eye . And I looked it over really well.

I just had to see if it was good smoker and if I really needed it. Well did not take me long after reading some posts here that
it's a great little smoker and the price is fantastic.
So I went back with crossed fingers .

And like you said Why Not. lol

David

David, you should be arrested and thrown in jail my friend.you STOLE that cooker!! Heck, the last thing I need is another toy on the patyio but I'd never turn down a deal like that. Great score buddy.

Robert

David, you should be arrested and thrown in jail my friend.you STOLE that cooker!! Heck, the last thing I need is another toy on the patyio but I'd never turn down a deal like that. Great score buddy.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the comment
I know , I keep looking over my shoulder just in case.

I think I'm going to have fun with it ,as I ran it for a fake cook yesterday ,
and can't believe how it kept in the temp zone I wanted , and how long it stayed warm for hours after.

David

Colin1230 Colin1230

Thanks , I looked up the site you mentioned . What a lot of great information on the WSM

Did a test run yesterday, doing a smoke today so , will post up my results and smoker thoughts.
But yesterday was 21 deg. and today only up to 6/8 . Sorry that is Celsius. So will be a chalange for the first run in cooler temps.

Thank you

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
You are very welcome David, glad to help.
I got my first 18" WSM in 2009 from my wife and daughters for a Fathers Day present. Definitely took my back yard cooking to a whole new level and the TVWB was a huge help.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You are very welcome David, glad to help.
I got my first 18" WSM in 2009 from my wife and daughters for a Fathers Day present. Definitely took my back yard cooking to a whole new level and the TVWB was a huge help.

Thanks Colin, I did a foodless run on Saturday and then a pork roast in it on Sunday.
I am going to love this little smoker. I have a thread posting today to explain.
And yes that web site is a good one full of info.

Thanks for the help

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky