You’ve Been Selected, Resistance is Futile!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Even if Velvet connected it to you, it would be a love hate relationship and you would be mostly forgiven.
Today was the first day of Velvet's training, and of course I had to be the disciplinarian.
And the good thing is she never connected it with me.
My wife got a cat from friends that couldn't keep her.
Cat (affectionately called "Kitty") decided I was her #1 human.
Funniest was when we went on vacation for a couple weeks and had people that would house and Kitty sit. When we got home Kitty demanded a lot of attention. She would sit in my lap and purr, purr, purr. Then stop purring, look at me and hiss a couple times, then return to purring.
Everyone else just got lap time and purring, no hissing.

I was thinking that is one talented cat.
The better perspective and you got one of them sissy cat walks.
More fun dragging my fat butt up the vertical ladder and laying on the top to see how much room before it hits the top of the ring.
You still use the drag auger to unload the bin?
Those sissy catwalks work well at times... especially when the wind is gusting to 50 or 60 mph when time to take bin lids off or back on. Plus much safer for my 87 year old father. Safer is not sissy... ever! And almost all bins have power sweeps now.

Ryan

Even if Velvet connected it to you, it would be a love hate relationship and you would be mostly forgiven.

My wife got a cat from friends that couldn't keep her.
Cat (affectionately called "Kitty") decided I was her #1 human.
Funniest was when we went on vacation for a couple weeks and had people that would house and Kitty sit. When we got home Kitty demanded a lot of attention. She would sit in my lap and purr, purr, purr. Then stop purring, look at me and hiss a couple times, then return to purring.
Everyone else just got lap time and purring, no hissing.
Kitty says, "Leave me again, and I'll make you regret it!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
Those sissy catwalks work well at times... especially when the wind is gusting to 50 or 60 mph when time to take bin lids off or back on. Plus much safer for my 87 year old father. Safer is not sissy... ever! And almost all bins have power sweeps now.

Ryan
Shoot your dad has a lifetime on me and even with the sissy catwalks I‘d have to think long and hard before I climbed up there. Me and heights don’t get along!

Jim

Shoot your dad has a lifetime on me and even with the sissy catwalks I‘d have to think long and hard before I climbed up there. Me and heights don’t get along!

Jim
Me too and I spent 12 years as a volunteer firefighter...lol but was much younger then.

Reactions: JLeonard

Ryan
We have those conditions too. Winds have lifted the lids even with a concrete block on top.
More power to your dad.
The matriarch on the farm when I started only worked ground. He felt guilty that at 85 he could only put in a 10 hour day. When he had to retire we really felt the gap.
We use a grain vac to empty the bins. First semi loads are a breeze. Last 2 are more work.

I've been wanting a new 50 sized cooler.
This deep freeze we're about to experience was the purrrrfect excuse to turn my old Igloo 50 into an insulated subzero Cat House.
Her pumpkin bed fits great inside, and adds more insulation as it takes up 75-80% of the space inside.
1000001883.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting a new 50 sized cooler.
This deep freeze we're about to experience was the purrrrfect excuse to turn my old Igloo 50 into a insulated subzero Cat House.
Her pumpkin bed fits great inside, and adds more insulation as it takes up 75-80% of the space inside.
View attachment 685706
And if you wanted it a little warmer, a small reptile heating pad [4W] under the pumpkin bed would add just a little extra. With a proximity sensor you could turn it on and off when she entered or left.

Reactions: chilerelleno
And if you wanted it a little warmer, a small reptile heating pad [4W] under the pumpkin bed would add just a little extra. With a proximity sensor you could turn it on and off when she entered or left.
I have one somewhere from when I had a snake, but can't find it.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky