The Certified Piedmontese Santa Stopped by the House!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So excited on the menu…. Those that know me know I live in the heart of Wagyu land and we have had a Wagyu roast (or 2 or 3) for our holiday meals……

However this year we have decided to mix it up and have Certified Piedmontese!!!

We got a whole NY Loin Roast, Standing Rib Roast, and a Picanha….. man we are so excited to see how these turn out…..
IMG_6895.jpeg

The thing that occurred to me while shopping today is we now don’t have to watch for the sales and have the meals around the availability in the LGS. We can have our meals on our time table!

Oh and I thought I would pass this along to promote one of the forum sponsors, everything on the CPB is 25% off right now….its also free shipping for 150 and above orders….. the sale price on choice rib roasts today was 90 bills for the same roast I got above…..
IMG_6896.jpeg

CPB is also giving out another killer prize for the leftover throwdown! It’s worth a pic at a chance have a magical beef experience…..

I have a couple of the strip loins in the freezer. Just waiting for the right time to do one up.

You must have been a really good boy this year John. That's a nice haul. I don't think I've ever seen a CPB fail on this forum.

Point for sure
Chris

You must have been a really good boy this year John. That's a nice haul. I don't think I've ever seen a CPB fail on this forum.

Point for sure
Chris
that is because I would be embarrassed that I screwed up such a good piece of meat.

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
that is because I would be embarrassed that I screwed up such a good piece of meat.
You and me both Cliff. I really wouldn't want to be the first one to screw one up.

Chris

I have a couple of the strip loins in the freezer. Just waiting for the right time to do one up.
Nice! I opted for a full loin so 1/2 could be a roast and the other half be 2 inch steaks. Post up yours I’m interested in your take on the NYs!
Would to love have that Santa stop by my house!
Just got to get on the nice list! Lol. Yes is very cool having beef left at the door for sure!
But did you leave out cookies and milk?
Nice delivery.

Jim
…..sure….but they may have been consumed by the elves…lol!

Point for sure
Chris
I was trying to be! However the local beef prices are on the naught list!

Nothing but good vibes and high hopes for the results for sure! I’m a kid in the candy store!

Lol this is so true, I about spit my Coke Zero all over my phone….
You and me both Cliff. I really wouldn't want to be the first one to screw one up.

Chris
lol…..oh man I’m starting to feel some pressure!!!!
I would just steal a pic from Robert and post it...lol
lol thanks now I feel better. My daughter teaches graphic design and adobe suite stuff so I’ll make Robert’s pic perfect!!!! lol
At least you wouldn't have to say " Hold my beer "
Over cooked beef gets blamed on the camera / lighting .
let me tell you my name will be Johnny on the spot when these baby’s see the heat…. The boy will also be front and center for sides…..

Oh and just a side note I cook lots of steak and temp by feel, however, I broke out the thermopen for my first experience with the Rib eyes I did a little bit ago….. I will use the pen for the NY steaks, and Pic as well, just need to learn how these feel under heat!

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Yeah I have graphic designer working for and the entire creative suite (photoshop, InDesign, illustrator) would be used...lol

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
Yeah I have graphic designer working for and the entire creative suite (photoshop, InDesign, illustrator) would be used...lol
My only issue is the fee is too steep, I’m cheap, it doesn’t make it sound fair when ask for the dishes to be done…..lol

Well you are now on the official 'Enablers' list civilsmoker civilsmoker , reading this just cost me over $200. :emoji_laughing:

Piedmontese has been a favorite here and the supply was getting really low. 25% off and free shipping over $150 was worth it though.
Well I’m happy to help out the best way I can….lol!

Happy roasting!

Reactions: schlotz
I hate it also, but I need the current stuff to do business
….. oh I was referencing the “fee” of asking my daughter for free work…. lol.

On that other note you don’t want to even know what it costs to set up an engineer laptop with software subscriptions these days….

So happy, CBP Santa dropped these off this morning to add to the holiday spoils..... These were sans payment from me as a thank you for helping recruit some new staff at work.....

CPB-Ribeye-CenterCut.jpg

I think CPB needs to make a "Cowy Bank" for want to be consumers to help feed the addiction I'm going (already) to have.......

So happy, CBP Santa dropped these off this morning to add to the holiday spoils..... These were sans payment from me as a thank you for helping recruit some new staff at work.....

View attachment 683313

I think CPB needs to make a "Cowy Bank" for want to be consumers to help feed the addiction I'm going (already) to have.......
Pretty steaks!

Jim

Pretty steaks!

Jim
Thanks Jim, I've noticed that they are a bit thicker than the regular 14 oz rib eyes so I'm excited about that. I also want to try the "Manhattan Steaks" which is a thicker center cut NY.....they are on the cowy bank jar list....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky