Reverse Seared Certified Piedmontese Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I ordered this roast up at Christmas time and have been dying to try it……and tonight was the DAY!!!
IMG_7425.jpeg

I scored the fat cap at 45 degrees and then HEAVILY salted and seasoned it with a blend of kinders…..Ie what I call “dropped in the sand”
IMG_7431.jpeg

You can see the fat score and the amount of seasoning, this is a 32 oz roast so it needs some seasoning……
IMG_7432.jpeg

This went on the RT @ 180 to soak up some smoke…….
IMG_7433.jpeg

I totally botched the timing as after an hour it was only 82 INT but all the other sides were close to the window…… here it is after the hour…
IMG_7438.jpeg

So I went into over drive and dropped it on the super hot Weber………
IMG_7439.jpeg

The Weber was so hot it seared crazy fast…. So to keep it from over searing and on schedule I sliced it in 1” slices to finish the sear……
IMG_7440.jpeg

IMG_7441.jpeg

Bingo perfection INT!
IMG_7442.jpeg

Now the whole plate….. some crab boil
lobster claws, Cajun fresh linguine, and a choke!
IMG_7443.jpeg

This is a party plate of flavor…..
IMG_7444.jpeg

Ok this is the money shot!!!!!
IMG_7445.jpeg

This is my first home cook of a Picanha and this CPB was off the chart in flavor, it was better than any Brazilian grill version that I have had!

Just a few left over nibbling snack bits!!!! YUMMY!
IMG_7446.jpeg

Oh and the wife made this brown sugar pineapple upside down cake!!!!! She had a fresh pineapple she used…..she is enjoying her slightly increased allowed activity……so am I!!!
IMG_7447.jpeg

I couldn’t wait for the Carmel sauce…. So I toasted the top with the torch and a little ice cream…… I’m officially in a comma and glad it was a single meal day!
IMG_7449.jpeg

Last edited:
Man that is crazy goodness! I going to try to pull off some octopus, scallops and snowcrab today. Man I hope I dont screw this one up.
Thanks Brian! Sounds yummy! I have to admire I’ve never cooked octopus, I’ve eaten lots of it just not prepared it….good luck!
Nice cook on the steak . That dessert ,,,,, my goodness .
Thanks chop! The dessert….yes my wife was like how do you like those pineapples! She can do a bit more now and oh boy talk about she is putting it to good use!
Looks amazing!
Many tha is norm!

You are an artist!
Thanks RS……it was a fun meal to do! Cost had the claws and fresh pasta….bingo the light went on.
You got the Picanha done perfectly. Dinner plate looks wonderful!
Thanks schlotz! The Picanha cooks different than a steak….the fat insulates it. It reminds me of a tri tip cooking….you can rush it!
Wholey cow! That looks amazingly delicious. Nice work for sure. What a plate and money shot!
Much appreciated SE! The flavor of the CPB is crazy clean and good. I would dip my slices in the seasoned butter had with the choke and with the salty crust….oh man!

man oh man! That is a heck of a meal. And that cake! perfection from start to finish. Yep some recliner time would be needed after that meal.

Jim

Looks awesome! I'd make two meals out of it... meal # 1 the main plate, meal # 2... the dessert and ice cream!

Ryan

Now that's a great cook AND meal !
Steak cooked to perfection and what a dessert! Time for the stretchy pants 😅

Keith

I ordered this roast up at Christmas time and have been dying to try it……and tonight was the DAY!!!
View attachment 686163

I scored the fat cap at 45 degrees and then HEAVILY salted and seasoned it with a blend of kinders…..Ie what I call “dropped in the sand”
View attachment 686164

You can see the fat score and the amount of seasoning, this is a 32 oz roast so it needs some seasoning……
View attachment 686165

This went on the RT @ 180 to soak up some smoke…….
View attachment 686166

I totally botched the timing as after an hour it was only 82 INT but all the other sides were close to the window…… here it is after the hour…
View attachment 686167

So I went into over drive and dropped it on the super hot Weber………
View attachment 686168

The Weber was so hot it seared crazy fast…. So to keep it from over searing and on schedule I sliced it in 1” slices to finish the sear……
View attachment 686169
View attachment 686170

Bingo perfection INT!
View attachment 686171

Now the whole plate….. some crab boil
lobster claws, Cajun fresh linguine, and a choke!
View attachment 686172

This is a party plate of flavor…..
View attachment 686173

Ok this is the money shot!!!!!
View attachment 686174

This is my first home cook of a Picanha and this CPB was off the chart in flavor, it was better than any Brazilian grill version that I have had!

Just a few left over nibbling snack bits!!!! YUMMY!
View attachment 686180

Oh and the wife made this brown sugar pineapple upside down cake!!!!! She had a fresh pineapple she used…..she is enjoying her slightly increased allowed activity……so am I!!!
View attachment 686181

I couldn’t wait for the Carmel sauce…. So I toasted the top with the torch and a little ice cream…… I’m officially in a comma and glad it was a single meal day!
View attachment 686182
Great looking plate! That Picanha looks perfect.

- Jason

Oh man it all looks fantastic. That last pic had me at Hello.
Many thank broke! My wife was like I wanted to something new and I was wowsers!!!
man oh man! That is a heck of a meal. And that cake! perfection from start to finish. Yep some recliner time would be needed after that meal.

Jim
Much appreciated Jim! It was a race to the window so a rest afterwards was needed for sure
You pulled out all the stops on that meal. Awesome!!!
Thanks 02! The CPB is a huge motivator!
Beautiful pictures of a perfect meal! Huge point!!
Many thanks Steve!

Looks awesome! I'd make two meals out of it... meal # 1 the main plate, meal # 2... the dessert and ice cream!

Ryan
Much appreciated Ryan! It was initially planned as the Picanha and box mac but it grew into a feast……and dessert to finish it off!
Now that's a great cook AND meal !
Steak cooked to perfection and what a dessert! Time for the stretchy pants 😅

Keith
Thanks Keith!!! Yes stretchy pants for sure….. I love meals like this because it’s the only thing I eat all day long and it makes it worth it!!
Great looking plate! That Picanha looks perfect.

- Jason
Many thanks Jason! This will be the first of many Picanha’s that are gonna be consumed in the future!
Perfection !!
Thanks jaxz!!!

Reactions: millerbuilds
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky