Certified Piedmontese NY Weekend!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
loo
Ok so after a couple really long work weeks this weekend is for a CPB NY celebration!!

Here is the star of the party! A 100 oz whole NY loin!! @Brokenhandle……this post will be food for thought for ya!
View attachment 690200
The plan was to get off work @ noon to have time to cook but……4:30 came quick! So tonight was hand cut steaks!
View attachment 690196
1.75 inch steaks!!!!
View attachment 690199
Close up of the party pleaser all trimmed up…..
View attachment 690201
Dropped in the sand seasoning! These got heavy sea salt because the thickness!
View attachment 690197
On to the RT 1250 @ 180 to pick up a hint of smoke….
View attachment 690198
I was a good boy and didn’t even take a peak till the app buzzed me……
View attachment 690202
Oh man looking smoky!
View attachment 690203
Time to sear…….i got the Weber sear zone screaming hot…..ie full high preheat and soak!
60 second on the fat side first….
View attachment 690204
Side one for 2 min……
View attachment 690205
Side 2 for its 2 mins…..
View attachment 690206
They were 110 INT so on the upper rack…..to finish…..
View attachment 690207
Pulled to rest @ 125 INT…… as an FYI these CPB carry over more than a traditional breed…..Ie these carried over to 135-138…..
View attachment 690208
After a 8 min rest…..presentation #1….. served with some beef Marsala with Yukon mash, pan roasted greens, sear Bella’s, topped with bacon and fresh chopped herbs!!!!
View attachment 690209
CPB NY Money!!!
View attachment 690210
…….the CPB NY weekend to be continued……
looks great. I've never has much luck with strips, but I'm sure that fine stock would help.

Had a delivery today...

1000004445.jpg

Now I have to try to have will power... wife left for work today, be home Friday or Saturday, depending on how an employee turns out with some health issues. But, I'm excited!

Ryan

Keep it coming, man.
😉 will do! Lol thanks!
loo

looks great. I've never has much luck with strips, but I'm sure that fine stock would help.
Thanks FX. Strips can be easy to over cook especially if they are thinner….ie they have a firmer muscle structure so the speed cook past mid raise to past medium very quickly…..

Had a delivery today...

View attachment 690684

Now I have to try to have will power... wife left for work today, be home Friday or Saturday, depending on how an employee turns out with some health issues. But, I'm excited!

Ryan
Holy CPB delivery! Patience is a thing I’m told……. But I suspect you have a little skip in your step at the moment

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Keep it coming, man.
Per your request…….encore….but you need to light an actual lighter and raise it up…..lol!

I’m a simple guy but looking at a couple more slices of the leftovers just simply fits the happy pill bill! I confess I had a thin slice cold…. Because I could!!! This would make the BEST cold cuts EVER!!!!!
IMG_7811.jpeg

Seasoned them up again with the kinders and bit of classic olive….
IMG_7812.jpeg

While these were setting in some more S&P roots were dropped on the Weber sear zone…..man these are tasty things like this!
IMG_7813.jpeg

Once the roots were seared they were put on a buttery sheet pan an in the 325 convection to finish….. then the re-sear beginszzzzz
IMG_7814.jpeg

Round and round about 60 sec a sided…..round and round….
IMG_7815.jpeg

Now the flats…..
IMG_7816.jpeg

I missed the flip pic but they got a nice char and were pulled with the center 115….ie these just needed to be warm and no cook again…..
IMG_7817.jpeg

Again I’m a simple guy……but I know what makes me tick and this does and yes it’s leftovers…..
IMG_7818.jpeg

Matched with some wild rice this time……just a “simple” meal…….
IMG_7819.jpeg

Ok and now the money shot……. Still a perfect mid rare……but seared all around…..ie a take on SV and sear….
IMG_7820.jpeg

Just flavor comma’d on the couch with a huge smile fixed on my face watching TOC…..

edmonds edmonds ……this one’s for you! Your post made me crave the flavors!

Well smoking forum folks, this is the last beautiful sampling of the whole CPB NY!!!!
IMG_7824.jpeg

Put some onions and peppers with some butter on the electric flat top……
IMG_7825.jpeg

Then layered the sliced NY and topped it with tillamook pepper jack…..
IMG_7827.jpeg

Once it got melty it got sammiched up…..with another layer I’d pepper jack….
IMG_7828.jpeg

Bingo on to the timber china and some Pringles (got to be a kid at times)….
IMG_7830.jpeg

Wow the added pepper flavor was just the next level!!! So for now this is a wrap……oh wait it’s not a wrap but a sammich!

Great looking meals civil and you nailed them all… nicely done!

You get dug out from these storms we been having?

Great looking meals civil and you nailed them all… nicely done!

You get dug out from these storms we been having?
Thanks Rafter!

I burned up a whole mess of stabilized fuel in the snow blower..... Almost 3 years worth in 3 days.... oh and had a some rain gutter supports blew out on my garage roof... I was brushing snow off the boat and heard what I thought was someone shooting a 22..... then noticed it was the gutter bolts breaking under the weight of the roof snow (just crazy)..... so after getting all the weight off and re-setting the gutter in the blizzard was.....FUN...NOT! Hope you are managing ok with it!

Reactions: JLeonard
Sandwich looks great.
Thanks ed! Like I said your pepper chuck post was the inspiration! I will say I drove the wife and boy out of the kitchen frying up the peppers and onions together......It was strong as it wasn't under the vent hood.....LOL

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky