A Cesar Made Right…… w/ a Pan Seared CPB NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife informed me this afternoon that she was just having a salad for dinner and my response was…..that works for me as I grabbed a Certified Piedmontese NY that was a Throwdown prize from the freezer!
IMG_7843.jpeg

Just simple salt and pepper…..
IMG_7844.jpeg

Into a screaming hot Hexclad with classic olive….. each side first then side one!
IMG_7845.jpeg

Side 2…..
IMG_7846.jpeg

Ready for a little butter…..
IMG_7847.jpeg

Ready to pull….
IMG_7848.jpeg

Resting after a little butter bath………INT 115 when I pulled it………
IMG_7849.jpeg

The slicing after the rest….. all smiles!!!
IMG_7850.jpeg

And now a Cesar done right!!!!
IMG_7851.jpeg

Pure meat and green money right here
IMG_7852.jpeg

Man oh man the salty, peppery, butteriness was perfect in the Cesar!

Where are the anchovies in that salad?

Another perfectly cooked steak Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: cmwoody
Civil, posting pictures like this should be illegal........ you make me feel like less of a man!

That salad looks damn good.
Dave

Even with all that green stuff its a great looking salad! :emoji_wink:
I'd be all over that with a quickness.

Jim

That's the perfect salad!!
Many thanks GS. And I agree! I often get a filet Cesar at the one steak we eat at because it’s 1/2 the price of a fillet dinner but is the same salad and filet just in a big bowl vs separate…..lol.
That's my kind of salad! Point!
Thanks Steve!
Where are the anchovies in that salad?

Another perfectly cooked steak Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Much appreciated Chris and they all got blended up into the processor. I rather like a whole one or two the wife keeps a hold of them….something about the smell…..lol

It tastes better being a “free one” too! Oh and my CI pans are crying……the Hex pans are pure perfection at searing!!!
Civil, posting pictures like this should be illegal........ you make me feel like less of a man!

That salad looks damn good.
Dave
lol…… thanks FR! I’m a simple man…..meat and greens…..
What a beautiful thing to see, I'd be all over that plate of goodness! RAY
Many thanks RAY!

Oh yeah , that's perfect .
Many thanks chop!!! This is the first CPB I’ve pan seared…..yea it’s a thing!!!!
Oh man now that’s a salad. 👏
Thanks SUP!!!
Looks great!! Adding this to my list of meals next week!
Thanks jcam! It’s a good rotation!
Even with all that green stuff it’s a great looking salad! :emoji_wink:
I'd be all over that with a quickness.

Jim
Thanks Jim! All the green stuff is the vehicle for the anchovy aioli to pair with the steak.
NOW THAT IS A CAESAR SALAD. . .Where are the anchovies?

John
Thanks BC!…..a couple of whole filets would have been next level but they all went into the blender to make the dressing! Oh and the wife says they are smelly whole….lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Now that some funny stuff!!! I didn’t have to chase it down but is gobbled it down!!!

Thanks chiler!

Now that's what I am a Super Salad!
Looks perfect to me !

Keith
It’s what I see in my head when I hear want a salad………how do you want your salad….. med rare please…..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky