CPB Ribs are what’s for dinner!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Me and the boy have been looking forward to this cook ever since the throwdown prize package arrived at the front door.

The ribs…. Two racks nicely vac pac’d, this is the last of the Throwdown spoils…..intentionally saved them for last…
IMG_7075.jpeg

IMG_7076.jpeg

Got them all thawed out and prepped for seasoning….. had to break out the food service pan for these babies!
IMG_7078.jpeg

Pretty simple seasoning but it produces a very nice combination of flavors….
IMG_7079.jpeg

I am really looking forward to seeking how the Certified Piedmontese texture compares to “normal” genetic beef ribs which we eat a ton of. Ie wondering how the reduced connective tissue that is part of the CPB genetics will affect flavor and the eating experience…… more to come…. These are sitting covered in the fridge awaiting for a good smoke…..

Last edited:
Looks delicious and I’ll bet the texture is on another level. We used to raise Romangnola beef (cousin to Piedmontese) most excellent texture and flavor definitely a cut above. I’m in for the finish.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Looks delicious and I’ll bet the texture is on another level. We used to raise Romangnola beef (cousin to Piedmontese) most excellent texture and flavor definitely a cut above. I’m in for the finish.
I have I hopes SE! I have another mystery box of CPB that will be here next week, my works way of saying thanks for recently recruiting some new key staff!

I miss the days of beef (we had just a couple black angus and jernsey for milk/cream) in the field from my younger days but those Romangnola’s sound tasty too!

Got my mouth watering already!

jim
Yea it’s a one meal day……some call it intermittent fasting…..I call it making room for more ribs for dinner!
I'm in while you tickle your ribs to perfection

David
I’m a tickleing them now….lol

Bingo 2 hours 50 mins, these are getting covered and in the house oven to rest at 145 for 40 or so mins……
IMG_7088.jpeg

All rested and ready to slice…… just note the deeper color on them after the rest. The resting helps soften the bark to the perfect texture juiciness!
IMG_7089.jpeg

The slicing……
IMG_7090.jpeg

Ok this is a plate of pure yumminess!!!!!
IMG_7091.jpeg

Pure beef rib money!!!!
IMG_7092.jpeg

The other side of the Mac & beef rib samich!
IMG_7094.jpeg

Ok the bite on this section of ribs was a perfect beef rib bite!!!!!
IMG_7090.jpeg

I don’t know what else to say but after all the beef ribs I have smoked and consumed and these are the two BEST racks of ribs I have ever had!

I’m sitting here conflicted though…….not sure if I should be mad at the throwdowns or happy…..you see I’m hooked now and my whole shopping experience of finding ribs in my honey holes is a bust now!!!!!! That said I can keep a couple of racks in the freezer and have more free time cooking vs shopping…….

Last edited:
Those are looking good!
And those are definitely not your ordinary Shiners, those have some meat left on them.

Waiting for the money shot.
Money shot posted!!!! No they are not shiners but pure beef sticks if tastiness!
Did I mention I'm adoptable? And can drive through way more snow than that lol! Ribs are looking great!

Ryan
Do you do dishes and shovel snow? If so done!

Last edited:
I don’t know what else to say but after all the beef ribs I have smoked and consumed and these are the two BEST racks of ribs I have ever had!
I’m sitting here conflicted though…….not sure if I should be mad at the throwdowns or happy…..you see I’m hooked now and my whole shopping experience of finding ribs in my honey holes is a bust now!!!!!! That said I can keep a couple of racks in the freezer and have more free time cooking vs shopping…….
Finally. But man, that was worth the wait. Looks killer.
And I understand your dilemma. That Piedmontese meat is priced at a pretty high premium.

Dishes yes... snow shoveling... I use a front wheel assist tractor lol!

Money shot looks great!
Ryan
The paper works in the mail!
I bet it was , I would have a big greasy grin on my face eating those .

David
Thanks and that’s the thing they weren’t greasy like normal ribs…..it’s like eating beef caviar….if there as such a thing! Like is said I’m ruined now…
Finally. But man, that was worth the wait. Looks killer.
And I understand your dilemma. That Piedmontese meat is priced at a pretty high premium.
Thanks and yes dilemma……I’m just going to have to start a CPB money jar…….

Reactions: DRKsmoking
After seeing those beautiful ribs. I think I'm going to submit my two week notice on the TD committee. So I can enter and have a chance at winning.

Most excellent job Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky