Extra, Extra, Read all about it. Winners announced for the Soups, Stews and Chili Throw-down.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy Cow!!

I honestly don't know how the judges pick a winner from so many incredible entries! Congrats to everyone! Ya'll's culinary skills continually inspire me!

My hat is off to you all!

Red

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Congratulations!!!!!! jcam222 jcam222 civilsmoker civilsmoker Brokenhandle Brokenhandle Buckeyedude Buckeyedude

Hope to see the recipes so I can actually taste these award winners!
I tried licking the screen, but to no avail!

Great job guys,

Opps. . .Almost forgot. A big thanks to our administrators and prize contributors for all their attentiveness and hard work!!!

John

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners! Great prizes too! Thanks to those who made it all happen.
A lot of really solid entries.

Congratulations to all the winners, these were some great entries! I had no idea what I was doing since this was my first entry. And to be honest, I didn't even vote for my own entry! :emoji_laughing:
This was fun and made me think outside the box, as it looks like many others did. Can't wait to try another TD in the future. And to see some of the recipes so I can try to duplicate them!
Thanks to all the sponsors and judges for your consideration, generosity, and for your time.
Great job everybody!

I think that one noodle behind the egg did you in CO. Seriously this one could have gone either way.

Chris
Lol not entirely sure if that's a joke or not 🤣

I ended up re-plating this thing like 6 times over two days until I got a shot I was happy with. Drove down to a local boutique kitchen store for new bowls and even had some makeshift photo studio lighting.

Burned through pretty much the entire pork belly, and about a dozen eggs.

I even questioned that noodle...

Last edited:

I ended up re-plating this thing like 6 times over two days until I got a shot I was happy with. Drove down to a local boutique kitchen store for new bowls and even had some makeshift photo studio lighting.

I even questioned that noode...
What really sucks is when you replate a half dozen times, get the perfect shot and then realize you didn't tag it with the code word 😂

What really sucks is when you replate a half dozen times, get the perfect shot and then realize you didn't tag it with the code word 😂
I did that 4 different times for the ribs contest but didn't realize till after consumption was done......so did 4 different entries!

I even questioned that noode...
Totally meant to be humorous. That was a great entry.

Reactions: Culinary Otter

I even questioned that noodle...
Congratulations to you for doing so well! Glad you didn't poke me with a chopstick to get me out of your way lol!
I did my plating Sunday afternoon, final day of the contest... took several different pics, one bowl, two bowls. We had friends out and played cornhole in the shop. During the picture taking I asked them and their 12 year old son and my wife which one they liked best... got 4 different answers! That didn't help a bit!
Oh, their son left with some of the soup and three bread bowls.

Ryan

Congrats to all of the Winners! And to all who participated. Excellent work all around.

Reactions: jcam222
Wow, what a ThrowDown! Congratulations to the winners, you all were certainly deserving. And a huge thanks to the judges, what a tough job that was and also to all the members that voted. 👍

Reactions: jcam222
Awesome jobs guys! Ive been MIA for about a week on a trip with my boys and missed out on all of the excitement! Very grateful to place among some outstanding entries!
Well welcome back and congrats!

.....Oh and I just ran your prize across a few passes each of 220/400/600/800/Leather-green/Leather-white.... at exactly 17 degrees....
IMG_7718.jpeg

Oh and how do you sharpen an already mirror polished blade and handle without a mess of scratches...... Well this is how.....
IMG_7719.jpeg

Congrats to all of the winners and some awesome prize packs on the way !
Would be a pleasure to try any of those bowls !

Keith

Can't wait to try another TD in the future. And to see some of the recipes so I can try to duplicate them!
They can be addictive and a lot of fun. And I always load up my bookmarks with recipes to steal...er....Duplicate...Yeah duplicate!
I could clearly never be on a cooking competition show!
Dude, your plating was spot on. I saw your entry and was like..."WOW!" I like to enter these just for the fun. And heck, you get a great meal out of it too!

civilsmoker civilsmoker that knife is gorgeous. Buckeyedude Buckeyedude is gonna love it.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky