Thanksgiving throw-down theme: Leftovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Back before we became civilized we ate anything we could get our hands on - and lived. 🫡
I'm sure the first few folks that tried puffer fish may disagree with that statement. LOL

Oh man this is gonna be good. Good luck everyone
I hope your right SUP.
How did you know , with a nice hint of fridge rot, Mmmmmm good.

David
LOL David, a little fridge rot never hurt anyone - honest
Careful, look who you're talking to! Chris was on the dung diet at one point... I don't want his leftovers! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan
Awe come'on Ryan. I saved you a plate!!!

1700404308877.png
1700404336121.png

Unfortunetly my supplier passed away that year, and we haven't found a new supplier as of yet.

Chris

I'm sure the first few folks that tried puffer fish may disagree with that statement. LOL

I hope your right SUP.

LOL David, a little fridge rot never hurt anyone - honest

Awe come'on Ryan. I saved you a plate!!!

View attachment 681382View attachment 681383
Unfortunetly my supplier passed away that year, and we haven't found a new supplier as of yet.

Chris
I had to do some looking... couldn't remember what it was called for sure and pretty sure you were the OP, but wanted to be sure!
Our furry family members definitely touch our lives!

Ryan

Reactions: gmc2003
Looking forward to your entry BED. I know it will be a good'en

Chris

Just a before bedtime bump

Chris

Remember to stash some leftovers for the throw-down folks. It's getting closer.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Robert and I thought it would be a great opportunity to combine the creative juices of our SMF extended family
Thanks for the shout out Chris but this was your idea from the outset...and I loved it!! I had an idea that was also very valid but will probably be the next TD theme. This one may very well be EPIC!! Let's get those entries rolling in.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
The second place winner in the forum poll will receive their choice of a meat grinder, deep fryer or a table top griddle. Donated by our very own Robert.
OK, quick explanation here. With Keith ( indaswamp indaswamp ) offering up spice mixes for 50 pounds of sausage, the grinder seemed to be in line. The deep fryer comes from personal experience. I got one of those a couple months ago and we LOVE it!! It is so versatile and can cook lots of different things. It is also compact but will still hold more then enough food for 4 people. My biggest happy note is that the lid seals on it for storage, and having the lid, there is no mess that I used to associate with a deep fryer. Very neat and clean to use. As for the griddle...well they are just a ton of fun and also very versatile.

Robert

Due to the generosity of Steve ( Steve H Steve H ) and Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) we are able to once again add the judges choice category to the Thanksgiving throw-down.
WOW!! Thanks so much Steve H Steve H and jcam222 jcam222 !! What a great gesture. Also a huge thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for his incredible prize donation. I can tell you from experience that his Cajun sausage spice mix is nothing short of amazing. far and again the best sausage I've ever had. You guys have really upped the ante for this one.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
And my leftovers have already started to have a heavy green fuzz growing on them.
Check your fuzz color. It may be medicinal, you never know :emoji_wink:
Thinking of the menu for Thanksgiving and got the wheels turning on this one already!
Uh oh....this could be dangerous. Be afraid people, be very afraid :emoji_laughing:
I'm going to Golden Coral by myself after 4:00pm when the crowds clear out
I read about a change of plans. Mayhap some leftover ribs for the win??
with a nice hint of fridge rot
That is NOT fridge rot. It is proper aging for that added depth of flavor.
Here's one idea:
Great gawd!! I'm with Steve H Steve H on this one. that pot pie looks fantastic.

Robert

WOW!! Thanks so much Steve H Steve H and jcam222 jcam222 !! What a great gesture. Also a huge thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for his incredible prize donation. I can tell you from experience that his Cajun sausage spice mix is nothing short of amazing. far and again the best sausage I've ever had. You guys have really upped the ante for this one.

Robert
I have Keith's spice kit too. Though I haven't used it yet. That needs to change.
Don't count yourself short Robert. The spices you sent me awhile back was absolutely delicious as well.

Don't count yourself short Robert. The spices you sent me awhile back was absolutely delicious as well.
Thanks buddy but that was probably Keith's spice mix, at least some of it :emoji_wink: Yep, you gotta get usy on some sausage. If I'm not mistaken, you have a pretty nice hand-me-down grinder.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky