Certified Piedmontese NY Weekend!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok so after a couple really long work weeks this weekend is for a CPB NY celebration!!

Here is the star of the party! A 100 oz whole NY loin!! @Brokenhandle……this post will be food for thought for ya!
IMG_7724.jpeg

The plan was to get off work @ noon to have time to cook but……4:30 came quick! So tonight was hand cut steaks!
IMG_7726.jpeg

1.75 inch steaks!!!!
IMG_7727.jpeg

Close up of the party pleaser all trimmed up…..
IMG_7725.jpeg

Dropped in the sand seasoning! These got heavy sea salt because the thickness!
IMG_7728.jpeg

On to the RT 1250 @ 180 to pick up a hint of smoke….
IMG_7729.jpeg

I was a good boy and didn’t even take a peak till the app buzzed me……
IMG_7730.jpeg

Oh man looking smoky!
IMG_7731.jpeg

Time to sear…….i got the Weber sear zone screaming hot…..ie full high preheat and soak!
60 second on the fat side first….
IMG_7732.jpeg

Side one for 2 min……
IMG_7733.jpeg

Side 2 for its 2 mins…..
IMG_7735.jpeg

They were 110 INT so on the upper rack…..to finish…..
IMG_7736.jpeg

Pulled to rest @ 125 INT…… as an FYI these CPB carry over more than a traditional breed…..Ie these carried over to 135-138…..
IMG_7738.jpeg

After a 8 min rest…..presentation #1….. served with some beef Marsala with Yukon mash, pan roasted greens, sear Bella’s, topped with bacon and fresh chopped herbs!!!!
IMG_7739.jpeg

CPB NY Money!!!
IMG_7740.jpeg

…….the CPB NY weekend to be continued……

Looking good.
But the weekend is just getting started, and you still got meat left. I better stay tuned .

New Yorks are a favorite of mine!! Mighty fine looking meal there Civil!! The Star of the plate are those Steaks!! YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!!!

Great looking meal ! And even more thanks for the heads up tutorial! I appreciate it!

Ryan

Damned fine looking steaks!

We love New Yorks and Ribeyes.
Thanks chiler!
Looking good.
But the weekend is just getting started, and you still got meat left. I better stay tuned .
Thanks edmonds! The weekend got a bit impacted with 18 inches of snow last night and today……..so plans got pushed……
New Yorks are a favorite of mine!! Mighty fine looking meal there Civil!! The Star of the plate are those Steaks!! YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!!!
Many thanks Redi! They were tasty for sure!!!!

Thats a mighty fine looking meal!
Much appreciated Brian!
Great looking Plate !!!
Thanks jax!
Got me licking the screen! Thats a great looking meal.

Jim
Many thanks Jim! Trust me I’ve tried to feast on pictures many times……it leaves one wanting more!
Great looking meal ! And even more thanks for the heads up tutorial! I appreciate it!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan and you are welcome! You are going to be eating good!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Oh yes. Nicely done there C .
Need to delve into CPB.
Love strip and pulled a couple packages from the freezer tonight.
Wife prefers a little less moo and as long as I watch the cook, almost done is very near medium rare in flavor and tenderness.

Oh yes. Nicely done there C .
Need to delve into CPB.
Love strip and pulled a couple packages from the freezer tonight.
Wife prefers a little less moo and as long as I watch the cook, almost done is very near medium rare in flavor and tenderness.
Many thanks FA! Strip is a fav at our house to. If you do the CPB it doesn’t need to be cooked to the same INT to have less mo…. Like a full 10 degrees less.
Hell of a nice job! Won't be much longer before I do the same.
It’s a party! You are going to be happy!

Ok time to get this NY weekend started again…… not even the 5 inches of snow we were getting would stop this!!!!! Lots of pics to prove it did!

Prepped the roast by trimming it up and dicing up the trimmed fat to render it….seasoned up with a blend of Kinders….
IMG_7743.jpeg

On the RT 1250 @ 235….added both probs to watch the whole thing……
IMG_7746.jpeg

The stats!
IMG_7747.png

Just a progress pic after about an hour….INT 70ish….
IMG_7749.jpeg

Oh man time for the reverse sear…..
IMG_7752.png

About 2 hours 5 mins….
IMG_7751.jpeg

The rendered fat and little crispy’s …..these will be used for later….
IMG_7753.jpeg

Fat side down on the screaming hot Weber sear zone….
IMG_7754.jpeg

About 60 second worth…..oh man happy man here!
IMG_7755.jpeg

I rolled it around to sear it all around about 3 mins in total…..
IMG_7756.jpeg

These crispy’s were added to a small fry and tender a bit more with some added salt and pepper….
IMG_7757.jpeg

Next some onion slices were dressed with kinders and the rendered beef…..
IMG_7758.jpeg

Same drill for some roots…
IMG_7759.jpeg

Now veg grill time!
IMG_7760.jpeg

Getting a nice char…..
IMG_7764.jpeg

Once the roots got a nice char….. they were added to some par boiled baby spuds and then dressed with a garlic rest herb butter…..
IMG_7766.jpeg

Into the oven on low broil…… taking a tossing break…..
IMG_7767.jpeg

The boy seared these baby’s up with rendered beef fat….he sears them almost dry….
IMG_7768.jpeg

He then finished them with a bit of butter and fresh herbs and salt and pepper……..
IMG_7769.jpeg

Bingo the roots are the right doneness!!!
IMG_7770.jpeg

Sooooooo finallyyyyyyyy time for the slicing……the roast has been been resting in the 140 for about 40 min…… INT 129…… oh man YES!!!!
IMG_7771.jpeg

And without another pic….lol the final plate….dressed with red wine, balsamic, blackberry glaze and topped with the beef crispy’s and fresh chopped herbs!
IMG_7775.jpeg

Reversed seared CPB NY roast and root veg money!
IMG_7776.jpeg

……..more to come….to kick off the week…

Last edited:
Hall of fame cooks right there Civil. Both done to perfection.

Point(s) for sure
Chris

Right at the top of my list for favorite meals...😋
Thanks GS! I fully agree with you, the above a fav for sure!!!!
As always Civil, you simply killed it!

Dave
Many thanks Dave!
Hall of fame cooks right there Civil. Both done to perfection.

Point(s) for sure
Chris
Much appreciated Chris! I wanted to give Brokenhandle Brokenhandle a vision of things to come!

I have also finally leaned that the CPB is best when to a rare INT temp. My wife is a med all day long and she gobbled up a rare slice without hesitation.....

Oh and still more to come.....Leftovers are in my future!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky