Reverse Seared Dry Brined Smoked Coho & Pineapple Salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Dinner tonight….they wife said we need eat up some salmon from the freezer and she found this recipe in our America’s test kitchen bbq book, she dry brined the salmon with kosher salt and sugar in the raw…. For about an hour in the fridge….

After that it was my turn, I put them on the RT 1250 at 180 for about 40 mins…..
62704CD7-6FBA-4855-A965-76AF82D4AADD.jpeg

Once the salmon was 110 deg…..then they went face down on the Weber sear zone station…..oh and the couple pieces of chicken for the wife!
E6C08093-D818-47F9-9E23-14444897AA96.jpeg

Seared then for 2 min face down then turned the. Over for 1 min on the skin so it would peel off with ease……all smiles…. Pulled them at INT 140 deg
43817848-9749-4DA6-A548-764CA4B26EFC.jpeg

The fillets were placed over some rice and then topped with some pineapple salsa and a Hawaiian pineapple soy garlic sauce (I’m just enjoying it)…..
F06631DF-0D62-479E-A5EA-79AD57914A2E.jpeg

Reverse sear smoked Coho $$$
6328C774-64B9-49AA-BD97-82BBAB835710.jpeg

PS, all I can say I’m a lucky man to have a sauce queen as a wife!!!

looks great! My wife won’t eat fish so we don’t have it much. I’m going to have to start doing some chicken like this for her.

Fred

Some nice salmon. I’d be all over that.
Much appreciated SE! I went back for seconds!
Heck yeah ! I'd be all over that..Looks spectacular, as usual . 👍👍👍
Many thanks jax!
looks great! My wife won’t eat fish so we don’t have it much. I’m going to have to start doing some chicken like this for her.

Fred
Thanks TC! Oh yea my wife sliced up the grilled chicken and did the same over rice…..I had a bite of hers it was very tasty!

I'll have a plate of what your wife was eating. That would be great with chicken. I have had too much salmon and lost my appetite for it. The pineapple salsa looks amazing.

I'll have a plate of what your wife was eating. That would be great with chicken. I have had too much salmon and lost my appetite for it. The pineapple salsa looks amazing.
Nothing wrong with the chicken at all, I happen to a lot of chicken for her…..keeps everyone happy!
Very Nice! Great looking fish.
Thanks Brian!

Well Civil, you are on a roll my friend. Holy smokes that looks totally off the charts. Just a beautiful plate that screams AMAZING!! The color and vibrancy of that meal is without question 5- star buddy.
PS, all I can say I’m a lucky man to have a sauce queen as a wife!!!
Your wife needs her own account also. Let's make it a Civil Family Affair :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Well Civil, you are on a roll my friend. Holy smokes that looks totally off the charts. Just a beautiful plate that screams AMAZING!! The color and vibrancy of that meal is without question 5- star buddy.

Your wife needs her own account also. Let's make it a Civil Family Affair :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Many thanks Robert! It did taste as good as it looked…..it was a magical moment when everything came together perfectly!

Oh MrsCivilSmoker MrsCivilSmoker does have an account to….but she just likes to participate in the wings as well….. oh and having 3 in the kitchen all doing an element really helps make a meal come together….. it will be a huge hit to dinner once the boy moves out…… ie we are a family that likes to cook together for sure!!!

Oh MrsCivilSmoker MrsCivilSmoker does have an account to….but she just likes to participate in the wings as well….. oh and having 3 in the kitchen all doing an element really helps make a meal come together….. it will be a huge hit to dinner once the boy moves out…… ie we are a family that likes to cook together for sure!!
That is so awesome!! Tracy would only need a new sub forum to showcase washing dishes then she'd be at home here :emoji_laughing: Please encourage both your wife and son to participate. It'd be nice to give the accolades to the deserving ones :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
That is so awesome!! Tracy would only need a new sub forum to showcase washing dishes then she'd be at home here :emoji_laughing: Please encourage both your wife and son to participate. It'd be nice to give the accolades to the deserving ones :emoji_wink:

Robert
Oh I hear ya all around……. I’ve been married long enough to know where ALL the accolades go!
Yes Sir! A great looking plate!

Jim
Many thanks Jim!

MONEY!
Damn but that fish plate looks like money.
How much for a plate? Name your price.
Many thanks chiler! The plate is called the orange plate special…..17.99 a plate….lol…

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky