Twice Smoked Pineapple Glazed Carving Ham w/ Greens and New Potato’s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The Ham! I don’t remember when we discovered this type of ham but it’s the only one we have gotten since!
IMG_6990.jpeg

I started off the smoke not planning on doing a post but when I opened the smoker up after the second smoke I just had to share!
IMG_7332.jpeg

In the past, I have done the second smoke at 225 and covered them at the end, however I lost tract of time so I ran it at 265…..this is after 2.5 hours and a INT of 130…..bam I think I’m sold on the 265 now!

Time to glaze now. I came in from the office and my wife had whipped up this crazy yummy pineapple glaze (she isn’t suppose to be doing too much physical stuff yet)…. So I boated the ham and spooned a few spoons of glaze over it and back in the smoker to set it!
IMG_7333.jpeg

This glaze had bourbon barrel maple syrup (1C Crown Maple Bourbon Barrel from Costco), apple cider vin (2 Tbsp), Dijon mustard (2Tbsp), soy sauce (2 Tbsp), crushed pineapple and juice (1/2 can with all the juice), Meyer lemon juice (2 Tbsp), and cajun spice (Tbsp). Then thickened with a starch slurry
IMG_7334.jpeg

I pan steamed these greens, shallots, garlic, some butter, classic olive, white wine, chicken broth, S&P, and sugar…. I put 1/2 cup of each liquid and boil it down by 1/2 the drop the greens cover and on high for 6 mins then un-cover add the almonds and finish off the liquid into a nice syrup.
IMG_7335.jpeg

The plate was finished off with some garlic butter roasted new spuds!
IMG_7336.jpeg

Oh and yes needed some grilled pineapple with it!!!

Just twice smoked ham money!
IMG_7338.jpeg

Last edited:
Now thats a nice plate of food. Love double smoking a ham.

Don't take this wrong because I love your plate of food. But I 'm a bit of a pig.
I would need more of that gorgeous ham on my plate , and less of the nice greens. Just saying lol

Very nice civil.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Now thats a nice plate of food. Love double smoking a ham.

Don't take this wrong because I love your plate of food. But I 'm a bit of a pig.
I would need more of that gorgeous ham on my plate , and less of the nice greens. Just saying lol

Very nice civil.

David
Thanks David! Yes how the fat crusts up and it adds the second layer of smoke is magic. I found the fat got a better crust and texture at the 265 temp so I’m making that a new cook temp!

I would have eaten the whole ham by myself but was being a good boy. The beans are tasty though!
Looks great. I love me some
Ham and beans
Many thanks SUP! I was craving it and the craving was fulfilled!
Beautiful plate and congrats on the ride Civil !

Keith
Much appreciated Keith! Just glad I could share so others can virtually enjoy! Lol

Man that looks great! I’d eat it all and lick the plate….after seconds!

Jim
Many thanks Jim, we had dark rye mini loafs with it so the plate was clean afterwards! I was in a happy place afterwards for sure
Great looking ham. That plated shot is awesome.

Fred
Thanks TC! The whole color combination of things came together nicely for sure!
CS, Fine looking plate right there !
Much appreciated CM! It kinda just came together as it was going to just be a ham dinner but sure seemed more than that for sure!

Reactions: JLeonard
Reactions: DRKsmoking
So the best thing about a second smoked ham is left over breakfast. We also had some par boiled new spud left overs as well so cut up a ham steak and slices for the boy simmered up in the glaze, then split the spuds & seared then, and a couple sunny sides up……
IMG_7346.jpeg

Winner winer ham and spud diner….. breakfast!
IMG_7347.jpeg

Ham steak money!
IMG_7349.jpeg

Wowsers Civil that is some good looking chow. If you have any leftovers that would make some good ham salad.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky