Pounded Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jon foster

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
White Lake, MI
I'm not sure where to post this thread...

This is a recipe we've been making for a while. Everyone loves it.

It's basically pork loin cut into thin pieces then pounded. I'd say each piece is about 1/4" thick when done. Then it's fried in a pan with a little oil and a lot of butter or margarine and lots of pepper (Ms. Dash is a good seasoning choice for this). The pork is then dipped in a special sauce we made up. I'm sure we copied something from somewhere but maybe not... The sauce is a stick of real butter melted in a small pan. We add lots of granulated garlic and lemon juice then cook (boil) down the sauce until it is clear. The garlic will become dark brown (almost black) when it's ready. We like heavy garlic so we always use too much in the sauce. We also like the lemon flavor to be strong enough to make your cheeks pucker at the back or our jaw. If you try this, add garlic and lemon juice to taste.

We added some some candied carrots tonight too. A bag of cut carrots with a touch of water, a glob of margarine (about 2 Tbl spoons) and I think I added about 8 Tbl spoons of brown sugar. Nuked the mix in the microwave for about 6 minutes and served.

Here's a few shots...

Preparing the meat.

PoundedPork1.jpg

Cooking the pork.

PoundedPork2.jpg

Making the sauce.

PoundedPork3.jpg

Dinner! (the dark brown spots on the pork are spoon fulls of the granulated garlic
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
)

PoundedPork4.jpg

Edit: And Zeus praying for something to drop.

Zeus.jpg

Jon.

nice, I love a good pork cutlet,

I was actually craving one today and went out and got a pork ternderoin sandwich for lunch...

Chisoxjim--you like your sandwiches like I do, with just the right ratio of bread to meat!

Hey Jon - that is some good looking pork there. I read the recipe and you had me a lemon to make you pucker. I love that too. And what a cute young un.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky