Philly Cheesesteak with Jalapeño and Swiss cheese (easy to make)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
I had made my wife an all beef Philly Cheesesteak Sausage before she had surgery a month ago. She liked it so much she asked if I can make more. I’m home with her while she is recovering so I made another 25 pound batch today.
These are super easy to make.
1 seasoning pack, 1 ounce of dehydrated jalapeños, 1 2.5 pound bag of high temp Swiss cheese and 32 mm collagen casing.
You can grind your own meat or use already ground hamburger.
IMG_8883.jpeg

I mixed the seasoning pack in by hand yesterday and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Doing it this way requires extra water when time to stuff but doesn’t affect the quality at all.
IMG_8884.jpeg
I mixed the cheese and jalapeños that I soaked for about 20 min prior. Then set the stuffer up
IMG_8880.jpeg

Stuffed the casing and placed in the freezer to firm up so I could cut as I’m not twisting the collagen.
IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8886.jpeg
IMG_8887.jpeg

I marked the table in 6 inch lengths and cut the size I wanted. I found out on the last batch that there is no issue with blow out in the ends while Cooking so i am sticking with cutting these here is a pic from the last batch
IMG_8820.jpeg

I left them In the freezer about 1/2 hr prior to cutting. I think 45 min to an hour would be better cuts.
IMG_8888.jpeg

I ended up with 105 lengths. Which I bagged in gallon freezer bags.
IMG_8889.jpeg

These are super easy to make. I haven’t tried them with the jalapeños but they were killer with out. Just seemed like a little heat would be good.
I only used 24 pounds of beef on this batch.
Thanks for looking

Looks good! Where did seasoning come from and any particular reason for the collagen?
I got the seasoning from PSseasoning.com
I prefer to use Natural but a couple family members have dietary allergies/issues with Pork and some other stuff like gluten. I didn’t have any sheep casings but had these. Still have enough left for another 25 pounds.
Pork casings would be easier to link.

Looks like some good sausage. Nice job.

Sounds delicious. 👍

Looks good! Where did seasoning come from and any particular reason for the collagen?

Damn... I didn't see this was posted under sausage. Was expecting a sammich, but much to my surprise I see something very intriguing.

Thats some good inspiration!! I'ma have to try sausage sometime soon....
Thank you.

Reactions: smokin peachey
These look and sound awesome...

I see an Enabling moment here...

Thinking you need to look into a getting a vac sealer.... INstead of the zip lock baggies... Eliminates any chances of freezer burn or ice build up on the sausages...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky