These Brats are the WURST

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As I was searching through all the brat recipes trying to find one that looked interesting, I kept seeing recipes for Currywurst. I thought it was pretty strange, but we do a lot of Indian dishes here anyways so why not. They're also quite popular in Germany.

Turns out that it's actually pretty good. I enjoyed them, my wife thought they were 'ok', and my son threw me off by trying a bite, then bellied up to the bar for a plate of his own. He doesn't like any of the other curry dishes we do and he's either take it or leave it on brats.

As I was searching through all the brat recipes trying to find one that looked interesting, I kept seeing recipes for Currywurst. I thought it was pretty strange, but we do a lot of Indian dishes here anyways so why not. They're also quite popular in Germany.

Turns out that it's actually pretty good. I enjoyed them, my wife thought they were 'ok', and my son threw me off by trying a bite, then bellied up to the bar for a plate of his own. He doesn't like any of the other curry dishes we do and he's either take it or leave it on brats.
I'm not a big fan of curry wurst. Too me it is a blah hotdog. My daughter loves them.
Curry wurst is when your wife is forgiven for using ketchup. The Germans use a spiced curry ketchup.

I've been thinking about your comment on McD flavor and it finally dawned on me.
Someone made a breakfast sausage that mimicked McD by adding mace to the recipe.
The only McD flavor I want to recreate is the sauce on a steak and bagel sandwich

Reactions: JC in GB
I made it to the next town over today and picked up the last pack of LEM Bratwurst seasoning they had at on the shelf. I was there dropping of presents to my parents and to the in-laws. I also have some pork in the fridge ready to go so I think I'm going to split it up and make 500g or so of the LEM spice mix as recommended by tallbm tallbm and 500g or so of the recipe jcam222 jcam222 recommended. Hoping I have enough hog casings to do up a small test batch of both.

Reactions: jcam222
I made it to the next town over today and picked up the last pack of LEM Bratwurst seasoning they had at on the shelf. I was there dropping of presents to my parents and to the in-laws. I also have some pork in the fridge ready to go so I think I'm going to split it up and make 500g or so of the LEM spice mix as recommended by tallbm tallbm and 500g or so of the recipe jcam222 jcam222 recommended. Hoping I have enough hog casings to do up a small test batch of both.
Nice!

After some years of using it and testing to get a by weight measurement I landed on 27.3gm of LEM Fresh Brat seasoning per 1 pound of sausage grind. I do mine 80/20 - meat/fat ratio.
Let me know what you think, can't wait!!!! :D

Reactions: nlife
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky