Pepper seedlings - do they need heat ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I avoid any rooting supplement in potted unless a week before planting in the garden. That severe root bound means you should have up potted a couple weeks earlier.
I use Radiate and it doesn't take much
That's a fact...unfortunately the weather was not cooperating at all. In fact two days after I transplanted them to the outside pots temps again dropped to 30F at night and I had to build a tarp tent with a heat lamp inside to save them. The rootbound plants I just soaked the bottoms and gently loosened them up or trimmed some of the circling off.

All is well so far....
1687371830657.jpeg

Reactions: Fueling Around
I set my potted in the garden late this year. We went from a cool wet spring to summer temps in 3 weeks.
The jalapeno and bell are getting ready to bloom.
The Datil are way behind. Plants are sturdy, but not ready to blossom.

Reactions: LhornR
Fueling Around Fueling Around ... We had a drought in the early spring/summer then we had sun daytime...storms nighttime....to the point we have flood warnings every other day it seems. Not complaining though...my peppers took off when that started.

If you have the extreme temps get you some shadecloth. Peppers will flower, bud then yellow and drop off. I went through that all last year.

My plants now and first harvest Monday. Got about 10lbs. The Charger peps are growing very large. The parchment paper they're on is 12"x12" for size reference. The Marconi's I cut because they got sun-scalded black. The other plants are loaded up but they are the type that needs to ripen red, black and chocolate. I have a bunch more that will need to come off in a couple days. So basically I have the peps for my next batch of chili.

1689880262466.jpeg

1689880224744.jpeg

1689880239858.jpeg

Jealous
My peppers are way behind yours.
Got a few bell pepper. Jalapeno are fruited but too small to pick.
The Datil have yet to blossom and probably due to our weather.
We had July weather temps in June and now we had June temps in July.
We should be getting back to July and August patterns next week.

Plus side is the cooler July let me get down a good start of little finger carrots.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky