Hey Pepper Guys - Wiri Wiri Chicken Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
When I was ordering my pepper seeds I also ordered dry Wiri Wiri Peppers from Guyana. They are a very small pepper that packs a punch but also has a fruity flavor. The are at 100,00 - 350,000 SHU so right up there with Habinaro. I just received them and the first thing I did was to de-seed them and finely chop them up then placed them on some chicken. I added a little Kinders - The Blend as well.

2023_wiri_wiri_chicken_salad_01.jpg

Bonus free seeds.

peppers_wiri_dry_03.jpg

I cooked it up and put it in a salad and it was tasty. It had a slow burn that feels so right.

2023_wiri_wiri_chicken_salad_02.jpg

When I was ordering my pepper seeds I also ordered dry Wiri Wiri Peppers from Guyana. They are a very small pepper that packs a punch but also has a fruity flavor. The are at 100,00 - 350,000 SHU so right up there with Habinaro. I just received them and the first thing I did was to de-seed them and finely chop them up then placed them on some chicken. I added a little Kinders - The Blend as well.

View attachment 679853

Bonus free seeds.

View attachment 679854

I cooked it up and put it in a salad and it was tasty. It had a slow burn that feels so right.

View attachment 679855
Salad looks great! Nice presentation.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
How;d you sneak those peppers in through customs? Hope the peppers were not treated and the seeds are still viable..

I have been trying to find real Italian calabrian pepper seeds....have ordered twice now and both times the pckages were seized by customs.

Anyone have any leads on Italian Calabrian pepper seeds? Looking for both sweet and hot.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
How;d you sneak those peppers in through customs? Hope the peppers were not treated and the seeds are still viable..

I have been trying to find real Italian calabrian pepper seeds....have ordered twice now and both times the pckages were seized by customs.

Anyone have any leads on Italian Calabrian pepper seeds? Looking for both sweet and hot.

I just ordered the dried Wiri Wiri peppers from Amazon. I looked up Magic Plant Farms and it says the source their peppers from world wide growers. Funny enough I had ordered grow lights and they were stuck in customs until today.

Italian Calabrian pepper seeds

I had not thought the seeds from dried peppers would germinate but watching this and other ones like it makes me think it is worth giving it a try.

I grew Scotch Bonnet in 2022 and dehydrated most of the crop.
I tried sprouting some seeds a month ago and had about 50% germination.

I checked your link for Calabrian and see it is Sherwood Seeds. She is from Pennsylvania from what I have found. Never got seed from there to comment more.

I belong to a couple hot pepper Facebook groups. Lot of seed trading and sales. I'll ask around.

Reactions: indaswamp

View attachment 679853

Bonus free seeds.

View attachment 679854

View attachment 679855
I heard of these, didn't realize they had such a wide range of heat. What would you compare the flavor to?

I heard of these, didn't realize they had such a wide range of heat. What would you compare the flavor to?

It is hot like a habinaro but has a fruity aftertaste kinda like an apple mixed with plumb. Since these were dried they might be a little hotter than fresh. The one i cooked on the chicken I didn't even feel any heat until half way thru the salad. I hydrated a few in a baggie and you could taste the fruitiness in that.

It is hot like a habinaro but has a fruity aftertaste kinda like an apple mixed with plumb. Since these were dried they might be a little hotter than fresh. The one i cooked on the chicken I didn't even feel any heat until half way thru the salad. I hydrated a few in a baggie and you could taste the fruitiness in that.
Very interesting, thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky