new stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldsmoker1214

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Minnesota
Hi all,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on buying a new 5 LB LEM stuffer. I never make more than 5 -10 lbs. of sticks or sausage at a time. I have read numerous reviews on the LEMs but want the opinions of the users that really know and that would be the people of SMF.

The stainless steel construction, metal gears and price are attractive. What do you all think? Thank you. 

Hey WaterinHoleBrew,

How long have you had that stuffer from northern tool? No issues with the plastic gears? Thanks.

Hey WaterinHoleBrew,
How long have you had that stuffer from northern tool? No issues with the plastic gears? Thanks.

Had it bout a year & no issues at all, easy to take apart for clean up too.... As Adam stated, it works great ! Thumbs Up

I think, this is just my thoughts on those that have had problems with the plastic gears (not all, but the majority) crank the plunger down too hard & don't stop or let up when the plunger is at the bottom of the stuffer.... Just my opinion !

I think, this is just my thoughts on those that have had problems with the plastic gears (not all, but the majority) crank the plunger down too hard & don't stop or let up when the plunger is at the bottom of the stuffer.... Just my opinion !

I think your right. But I do expect them to wear out at some point.

I think your right. But I do expect them to wear out at some point.

No doubt, I agree completely.... But I do think they will last quite a while !

My LEMON seems to be working fine since I replaced the parts. Still pissed about the customer service and the fact that I had to tear apart the new unit and replace the parts myself.

I'm also unhappy that the first responses from their customer service department was for me to add more water to my meat mixture.

I will not buy anything from LEM again, nor will I recommend that anyone else does.

Horrible customer service.

I decided on the Kitchener 5-Lb. Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffer from Northern Tool. Its going to be tested on Friday. 

I have had my Kitchener 5 pound stuffer from Northern tool for two years now and it has worked well. As noted in other stuffer articles I ALWAYS add 1/2 cup of cold water to my snack stick recipes. I purchased a LEM stainless steel snack stick tube that is small enough to allow the 19MM collagen casings to slide on easily and long enough to hold enough casing to do two 18 inch sticks to hang in my MES 40 smoker. I even bought  an extra set of gears just in case and they are still in the box.

Good Luck

mds51

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky