Weston stuffer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Timber II

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 15, 2023
Swamp east Missouri
I searched on the forum and see a lot of people like the LEM 5 lb. Most of my batches are 10 lb so would like one a little bigger that I would only have to refill once.
Anyone used this Weston?

Attachments

• IMG_4252.png
    IMG_4252.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 19
I have never used the Weston stuffer, but I've been using the 11 pound stuffer from waltons.com for over 10 years. I've stuffed several thousand pounds of meat with it. It easily handles snack sticks with the 12mm tube. Just something else to consider.
1702820343442.png

Reactions: Timber II
What doubles shooter said. The Walton’s 11lb. suffer is a real workhorse and like doubles said 19mm snack sticks are a breeze with the 12mm tube.

I have a Weston. Works fine.
Only thing about it, and I suspect of all hand stuffers, you have to clamp it down to the counter to keep it from moving on you.

Reactions: nlife and Timber II
I have the Weston 11lb stuffer. I picked it up a few months ago and have stuffed about 100lbs with it so far. It does what it's supposed to. So far there's only been twice where I've had to stop and refill since my batches are usually in the 10lb range.

The only complaint I have with it is that I wish it had a shorter, wide tube instead of the taller, narrow tube. This is mainly because I think the shorter wide tube would be easier to load and I wouldn't get grease half way up my arm while packing it down to remove air pockets. It'd probably be easier to clean since it would fit the sink better too. This is more nit-picky than anything though.

I will point out that Weston has no customer service available via phone under any circumstances. You are at the whim of their online help desk tickets. They did ultimately take care of my $400 item but I'll never buy another Weston product. If you can't afford someone to talk to me when there are issues I'll buy elsewhere.

I see the Waltons and Weston units appear to be identical.
Re-branding of products is very common.

The bottom elbow (horn) design of the Weston / Waltons leaves a lot of meat to either hand stuff or patty for tomorrow.

I will point out that Weston has no customer service available via phone under any circumstances. You are at the whim of their online help desk tickets. They did ultimately take care of my $400 item but I'll never buy another Weston product. If you can't afford someone to talk to me when there are issues I'll buy elsewhere.
Didn't realize that Weston was a hands off customer service, Jeff. They have a large line of consumer and commercial products, I would expect they had better CS.
I just purchased a Weston meat grinder as the discount and gift card dropped it so much I couldn't pass it up. Only put a pork butt through it but it was flawless.

Reactions: Timber II and nlife
Thanks again boys I wondered about cleaning it.

I just measured the height of the stuffer tube. It's 15 1/2" from the top of the rim to the bottom of the feed tube. Looks to be 6" or so diameter. I have a pretty standard double kitchen sink and faucet - no high arching facet here. I have to angle the tube from the corner of one sink and rinse the tube with the facet running the other side. Not ideal, but it works. Perhaps grab a tape measure and see how it would work for you. It may or may not be an issue.

20231217_190437.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't realize that Weston was a hands off customer service, Jeff. They have a large line of consumer and commercial products, I would expect they had better CS.
I just purchased a Weston meat grinder as the discount and gift card dropped it so much I couldn't pass it up. Only put a pork butt through it but it was flawless.

I picked up a Weston #5 1/3rd hp grinder not too long ago. It was less than half price of what I can get the LEM #8 BB for. I've run more than a few kg of pork shoulder through it and I haven't had a hiccup with it. Most of the time I can't keep up with feeding. Given what I've read here about customer support, I hope I don't have an issue either.

I picked up a Weston #5 1/3rd hp grinder not too long ago. It was less than half price of what I can get the LEM #8 BB for. I've run more than a few kg of pork shoulder through it and I haven't had a hiccup with it. Most of the time I can't keep up with feeding. Given what I've read here about customer support, I hope I don't have an issue either.
If it makes you feel better they did replace the faulty unit I got. It took about 4 days for their initial response to my submitted help desk ticket. After the initial response subsequent responses were fairly timely. I simply will not do further business with a company who offers no live support. They used to have an online chat support but killed that too.

Reactions: nlife and Timber II

Ya I also have a Weston grinder, # 12, 1 hp I think and it is a beast- well made and grinds anything very fast- I’ve only ran 15 or so deer so far tho
Weston #8 650 watt which converts to 7/8 hp, but I would rate it more 1/2 hp
Combing sale price and gift card I only paid $35
If I didn't already have a stuffer (very old cast iron beast) I would be looking at the Weston line.

Just kinda for grins I contacted Weston via the only option, email/support/ticket. I would like a back up bushing for the auger so that’s the reason. I sent it at 8am…..we’ll see how long it takes.

That does jcam222 jcam222 . I was worried that it was more or less non-existent. While a delay is not the best, I am always happy when a company fixes an issue or provides a viable solution.

That's a heck of a deal you got Fueling Around Fueling Around ! I would have picked one up for that price too, despite it being more than I need. So far I haven't even been able to get the #5 more than JUST warm to the touch.

I do wish I could find a source for different size plates since mine came with a 3.5mm and a 7mm plate. I wouldn't mind a 5mm and a 10mm plate to round out the stable.

I do wish I could find a source for different size plates since mine came with a 3.5mm and a 7mm plate. I wouldn't mind a 5mm and a 10mm plate to round out the stable.
Plates and knives are mostly universal by the #, but the #5 is a bit harder to find.
Cabelas is in Canada and they carry a lot of grinder parts.
How about the mega store of Canada Tire? They must carry meat grinders.

Well it’s been 2 days, I got an automated email from Weston saying my request was being reviewed but that’s it.

Meanwhile I pulled up the LEM website and it says enter email for free shipping….so I do…then a chat thing pops up saying if ya have any questions just ask….so I ask a few questions, only 10 lb stuffer is motorized. And 600 plus. She sends me a coupon code that would take 50 off the 10 lb or 25$ off the 5 lb big bite.

I may just go LEM, I like being able to get ahold of someone for help. I’m gonna wait to hear back from Weston tho- I’m in no hurry it’s still huntin time
Timber

Reactions: nlife
Well I went w the 5lb LEM stuffer. I found it local and with discounts it was only 152$
Gonna try it out after this storm and freezing weather settles in….till then I better go goose huntin

Reactions: nlife
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky