• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't quite decided what to do just yet Fueling Around Fueling Around . There's no way I need three grinders when one does more than I need. I may decide to part with two, like you suggested, and recoup some money.

That is good news on the thrust bearing for the larger grinder. I hadn't seen that. It does make sense though, especially after what I've already seen with the #5. One thing is for sure though, I'm able to find plates for the #8 a lot easier than I am able to find #5.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Another complaint I have is why the hell did they not attach the plastic gear with a stainless screw? Mine is rusty and this reminded me that I need to replace it with a stainless steel one before it rusts too bad to remove.
Stainless steel (corrosion resistant steel) is not a good mix with aluminum.
The combo creates galvanic corrosion.
Brass or titanium is better.

Reactions: DougE
Stainless steel (corrosion resistant steel) is not a good mix with aluminum.
The combo creates galvanic corrosion.
Brass or titanium is better.
Thanks. I'll see if Ace has the correct size in brass since I doubt they have titanium. I'd just pick up a titanium one online but I will have to go match up the thread size in town first.

I received a number 8 grinder from Weston today. Other than a quick look over and plugging it in to see if it ran, it looks good. They have included a decently thick nylon/plastic thrust bearing in this one so I shouldn't have the same issues I had with the first one.

Unfortunately I don't have any meat to grind at the moment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky