Need a New sausage Stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
My northern tool Kitchener bought the farm stuffing summer sausage after 8 years of good use.

I do maybe 75 lbs a year various sausages.

Seems I should go metal gears this time. I don’t mind a small 5lb size to keep price down, but want this to be the last purchase I make for a stuffer.

Lem vs MEAT! vs The Sausage Maker?

Only of the choices I have experience with is the LEM 5lb. Mighty Bite. It's well built and will last years.
I vote LEM, I currently have a MEAT. It stuffs good but has leaked meat pass the gasket sun I purchased and they never made it good. Last MEAT purchase for me.

Reactions: jcam222
I like LEM just because they have parts for what they sell. I've got an older 5 lb. LEM with the exposed gears. If my gears break somehow, I can buy new ones without replacing the whole thing. A lot of these stuffers are the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in the same plant, but parts availability and support are a big deal to me.

It's silicone, I believe the can is slightly out of round which allows for it to happen.
It can also happen from extreme pressure or flex in the frame and the piston is no longer square in the can . My LEM 5 pounds will do it sometimes using the small tube .
You can see the can is pushed forward / main frame is leaning back . That stuffer has a lot of miles on it , and still works great though .
20200420_084046.jpg

Reactions: Timber II
I read somewhere you can put metal gears on the Kitchener stuffer from Northern Tool? It’s what I have that broke and if it’s possible I’d love to know the details if anybody knows

WNCT, My 5 pound Sausage Maker stuffer is over fourty years old, their USA made items are built to last.

I read somewhere you can put metal gears on the Kitchener stuffer from Northern Tool? It’s what I have that broke and if it’s possible I’d love to know the details if anybody knows
There are a couple threads on the subject here . I have no experience doing the conversion , but the color of the gears matter . Some are black some are silver . I also think you have to buy it as a complete kit from LEM . Comes with the threaded rod and the gears and bushings . My LEM as posted above has worn gears , and when trying to order replacements I ran into the colors of the gears and the pitch of the threads being different . Either way I don't think they match the Northern tool thread pitch . I thought there was another thread talking about the whole kit working on the Northern .

I just got the 10lb sausage maker stuffer .Seems well built.I just finished 10 lb brats and 5 lbs of snack sticks .The stuffing tube I have is to big for the snack sticks. Im running 19-22 mm sheep casings, I made it work lol after I got a few inches of the casing on I just blew thru the tube to inflate and feed the casings on. i had one blow out. No problem feeding the snack sticks thru.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky