Morning Coffee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry not a coffee drinker, but love the smell of fresh perked coffee, reminds me of home when I was a kid and mom having the little perker on the burner.

It is tea for me and now I mostly brew a big travel mug and sip on it all day at work, even after it is a little cool by noon

DSC_9254.JPG

Always one in the morning 5:30 while catching up before heading to work.

David

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
My mug since 2009! Broke the Mrs on washing it years ago!
Grind beans every morning and dark roast only and black as coal!

IMG_7220.jpeg

IMG_7221.jpeg

I buy from local roasters, one in Crown Point Indiana called Steamwhistle, but my favorite is available online at roast2order.com and the variety is called Flower Mouth. The guy roasts your beans after you order it and ships out so you get the freshest beans possible. Also the owner, Mike Mascow emailed me directly after my first order and we talked back and forth for a couple of days, really nice guy. I like buying from people like that.

Sorry not a coffee drinker, but love the smell of fresh perked coffee, reminds me of home when I was a kid and mom having the little perker on the burner.

It is tea for me and now I mostly brew a big travel mug and sip on it all day at work, even after it is a little cool by noon

View attachment 686558

Always one in the morning 5:30 while catching up before heading to work.

David
My mother (90) still makes her percolator coffee in the below...and we think Starbucks is strong?
1706113863841.jpeg

Stopped drinking coffee in my 20's. Caffeine does not agree with my nervous system, Hahaha!! I do make a mean Americano for my wife everyday though. Grind the beans fresh for every cup. She likes her starbucks espresso. Man I do love the smell of fresh coffee though.

When I have propane, and it's not raining, I roast my own Arabica beans grown in Central and South America. I prefer a medium-dark roast.

But, I'm out of propane, and the timing of recent rains sent me to the WinCo store's bulk bins of Red Brick Breakfast Blend of medium and dark roasts. $7.98 / lb.

Green beans weigh 20-25% more than roasted beans. So, $7.98 / lb for roasted coffee is the equivalent of $6.38 to $5.98 / lb for green beans. That's about what I pay for green beans, so no real savings. There is a taste difference to me, though some debate that fact.

Ever wonder why stores sell roasted packaged beans in 12 oz bags? That's because it took roughly 1 lb of green beans to make that 12 oz bag of roasted coffee.

View attachment 686649
Thanks for this Cliff, that is the same one Mom had . Good memories. Miss those days back when life was simple ( 10/12 years old )
Thank you.

David
She still uses it daily, I had a heck of a time finding a replacement for her about 5 years ago when the center section broke, but the internet came through!

Always BRCC. Done either French press as shown or my chemex. The chemex definitely makes a better full flavor.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 686649
Thanks for this Cliff, that is the same one Mom had . Good memories. Miss those days back when life was simple ( 10/12 years old )
Thank you.

David
I looked for a perculator forever! I remember the one you posted from growing up, my grandmother used to use them. I finally found one in the camping section and sportsman's warehouse.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky