Fry Sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
While reading the news over the morning cup of coffee, I saw an article about Fry sauce. Evidently it got it's start in Utah. Part ketchup, part mayo, and other stuff. Anybody tried it? Kinda reminds me of John Travolta talking about eating in Amsterdam from Pulp Fiction and the Royale with cheese!

Yes I have made it a few times. It goes by many names with just a bit different items added each time some one makes a small change.
I like it

Reactions: JLeonard
The article I read had somebody that used ketchup, mayo, and Lawry's salt. I still can't wrap my brain around putting mayo on fries though.

I love it; I grew up in southern Idaho, where one rarely ate fries without it. I think the Arctic Circle restaurants in Idaho and Utah had a lot to do with it gaining popularity.

I’m seeing commercial versions even back east now, but it’s certainly easy enough to make.

I love it; I grew up in southern Idaho, where one rarely ate fries without it. I think the Arctic Circle restaurants in Idaho and Utah had a lot to do with it gaining popularity.

I’m seeing commercial versions even back east now, but it’s certainly easy enough to make.
The Artic Circle guy is credited with inventing it. We use it for dipping fresh cracked Dungeness in, besides french fries, chicken nuggets, and on hamburgers, fish, etc.

"Don Carlos Edwards ran a food cart in Salt Lake City in the 1940’s and is credited with serving up the first fry sauce. He later opened the first Arctic Circle restaurant in the 1950’s, a chain that would spread through other areas of the West, and his famous fry sauce remained a popular condiment ever since."

Yeah, so I always just thought it was a thing. Condiment options always were, ketchup, mustard, mayo & fry sauce. Its not the healthiest option...but my childhood would not have been the same without it.

Fry Sauce is big in UT. It’s ok…never had any in UT I cared for. But a burger place here has some spicy version and it quite good.

I usually prefer a dip in mayo followed by a dip in ketchup. Mayo and fries is the best.

Mayo and ketchup are the base ingredients for our French and Russian dressings. It's also doubled as a fry dipping sauce for many years.

Chris

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky