Fry Sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Always loved white vinegar on crispy salty fries at the fair when I was a kid, still love white vinegar on many things

and a dip into ketchup. Will have to look into this " Fry Sauce " of which you all speak of

1708869237060.png

David

After I have my morning coffee. I'll think of something. Dedicated especially for you! Dang, I actually slept to 8:30.
Coffee and a bloody mary and you'll be set! But I bet you did a double take when you looked at your clock!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Raisin Cane Sauce
Freddy's Fry Sauce and Jalapeno Fry Sauce
Zaxby's
Chick-fil-A
Slim Chickens

All have a fry sauce or a version of sauce similar to fry sauce.
There's at least one more chicken place with a fry sauce. Kinda on the East Coast IIRC
I know I'm forgetting more and don't even know about the chain running North and South of Utah.

Reactions: BigW.
I don't eat fries much but when I do salt and Heinz does it. That said, best fries I ever had were hot buffalo garlic wing sauce infused with Carolina Gold and bleu cheese dressing. I got a few friends raving over Cleveland Ketchup ghost pepper ketchup. I am picking some up when I am the area.

Raisin Cane Sauce
Freddy's Fry Sauce and Jalapeno Fry Sauce
Zaxby's
Chick-fil-A
Slim Chickens

All have a fry sauce or a version of sauce similar to fry sauce.
There's at least one more chicken place with a fry sauce. Kinda on the East Coast IIRC
I know I'm forgetting more and don't even know about the chain running North and South of Utah.
The Chain is Arctic Circle, my favorite fast food spot ever. They have a very diverse menu...couple of halibut dishes, taco salads, fried shrimp baskets, hot dogs/corn dogs, plus everything you'd expect from a burger-and-ice cream joint.

And that is where fry sauce was invented. https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/utah/fry-sauce-arctic-circle-ut/

Actually, the link said the founder of Arctic Circle ran a BBQ joint in Utah, and that's where he came up with the concept, but soon thereafter he closed the BBQ restaurant and opened the first Arctic Circle. They have a few dozen locations now, nearly all in Idaho and Utah, with a couple now in Arizona, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon.

I don't eat fries much but when I do salt and Heinz does it. That said, best fries I ever had were hot buffalo garlic wing sauce infused with Carolina Gold and bleu cheese dressing. I got a few friends raving over Cleveland Ketchup ghost pepper ketchup. I am picking some up when I am the area.
Cheese or gravy fries here.

Chris

That reminds me, never had poutine but looks like a winner.
Poutine is good, but so is cheddar fries and gravy fries. All were staples after the bars closed when I was younger. One bar in Burlington even had a walk up window where you could purchase any of them for the ride home.

Chris

While reading the news over the morning cup of coffee, I saw an article about Fry sauce. Evidently it got it's start in Utah. Part ketchup, part mayo, and other stuff. Anybody tried it? Kinda reminds me of John Travolta talking about eating in Amsterdam from Pulp Fiction and the Royale with cheese!

Fry sauce is big in Idaho. I would have guessed Idaho is where it started from to be honest and not utah. Close enough, though.

Fry sauce is absolutely awesome and I prefer it 10/10 over ketchup. It's basically a creamier ketchup w/ spices. It makes ketchup extremely boring, which is just sugar sauce. Fry sauce IMO can even go as far to replace ketchup on hamburgers.

I don't even stock ketchup anymore!

There's lots of different variations, so if you wind up trying it and not caring much for it, try another brand/restraunt. They're each a bit different. I have never met a fry sauce that I didn't like though, and I've met quite abit that I LOVED

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoke-Chem BBQ
Have you tried fermented ketchup?

I haven't, but pictures of it makes it look way better than normal ketchup, almost like a tomato paste and less like ketchup which is kid's food IMO. I assume it will be more on the sour / vinegar side?

I make hot sauces quite a bit, so just guessing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky