I think I found the perfect knife for SMF folks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I saw these in the sportsman's Guide catalog that I recieved last week.
$23.00 and under $20.00 with the membership. of course with the dreaded S&H charge.
has a lanyard hole in the handle that was pretty cool. I had a reel of tuna net cord and put through the holes so I could hang it from the smoker and grills (I bought 3) It has a kinda cheap leather case that when the knife is cleaned up and dry, I put back on the knife and let it hang from the grill with the other gadgets. made in germany and I guess issued to the navy folks. the blade was sharp but, I took it several notches up. when you swing it fast through the air in front of you. and you have good hearing, you can hear germs screamin as they are sliced into pieces.
the knife is called BUND (maker) DUNGES and has the numbers
5110-12-126-2475 on the blade with the names aformentioned.
http://www.geocities.com/alancook.geo/marinemesser.jpg
the link should provide pics of the blade..
the knife is heavy for it's size and just looked like a cool knife to hang on and use at the smoker.. never can tell when the meat is gunna jump back off the grill and attack..lol.

It does look like a handy knife for the grill. German made, should be good. Thanks for the info, coyote.

I LOVE Sportsmans Guide. They're located here in St Paul. Nice clearance showroom area too. I couldn't find the knife in their website. Cool knife.

Gotta love the German Quality. If they gave it to their military it HAS to be good cutlery.

I got my "Viking" shield from there. It was an East German Police Riot Shield I modified into a Vikings Shield.

If it's not a pain do you have a catalog # for that knife.
V

Almost looks like it would be a good combo skinnng/boning knife.

Thanks!

Cheers!

V man, it's on the website, I thin I typed in German knife an it came up. Price was higher then the catalog though. I didn't save it er I'd give yall the info.

I just looked it up again: WX2-117424 web price be $29.97.

Thanks for the Tip .... Tip ! :)

I searched the knife section and got 6 pages of knives but not this one. I searched Bund and nothing, anyway, I got it now. Thanks.

Looks like the handle is perfect for the man hand.

VMAN, how many did you order..they make great boarding knives in a viking raid also lol...

i used to get a catalog from them. guess i didnt buy enough to keep getting it. looks like a good skinner for the grill. i need something for my uds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky