Glad I have somewhere out of the weather to smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
We're having a heatwave compared to what it has been. We're at 24° right now.

Glad I can set up inside and hang out here in my heated shop while the cook is running.

1705873785745.png

1705873826878.png

1705873857897.png

1705873895221.png

Nothing beats being a die hard smoker with quality electronics!

Won't be long and we'll all be back in shorts and flip flops! I keep telling myself that.

Reactions: DougE
Heck yeah Doug. Love meat loaf and that salamander. I have one just like it. I just run straight #2 diesel through it.
Yep I run diesel ....... either offroad or road diesel depending on which is cheaper at the pump. Even with the highway tax took off the offroad, only a few places sell it and sometimes road diesel is the cheaper of the two.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
We turned the corner and currently sitting on 43* it’s a lob lolly with frost coming out and snow melting on top of that but with lows in the 20’s I’m not complaining at all, it’s tee shirt weather.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Heck yeah Doug. Love meat loaf and that salamander. I have one just like it. I just run straight #2 diesel through it.
Those don't have a tendency to foul up or gel the injector when below zero? Never tried, always ran #1, and don't care for the price of that. I use 135k btu also.

I've run mine on pump diesel (#2) as long as I have been running these heaters (a lot of years) and have never had any gelling problems. #2 is the same stuff I pump into my pickup at the station.

Those don't have a tendency to foul up or gel the injector when below zero? Never tried, always ran #1, and don't care for the price of that. I use 135k btu also.
In negative temps I’d run kerosene myself. But luckily we don’t deal with a lot of that. Down to zero or so I’ve had no problems with blended diesel (winter blend)

Reactions: DougE
Only issue I have had is that my heater doesn't like to start on the 95,000 BTU setting with diesel, but I generally keep it on high anyhow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky