How to build a smoker our of gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swish

Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
MOHNTON,PA
I am looking for advice or a website that can assist me in turning my old gas grill into a smoker.  Hate to put it out to pasture since it gave me many years of service.  shell is still in excellent condition.  I am a master in the eating dept. but a novice in the smoking meat arena.  I suspect I would need to fab. a box to attach to one side of the grill for the wood, use the inside grill part for the meat and attach a smoke outlet on the other side.  Please help me out if you can.

I BELIEVE ITS A CHARBROIL. NOT POSITIVE.  FULL SIZE 3 BURNER GAS GRILL.  I STOPPED AT LOWES OVER LUNCH.  THEY DO CAR THE SIDE BURNER ATTACHMENT.  MANY THANKS.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky