You people made me do it again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just a comment for the sake of FYI , and in case you ever replace them . The lid slides are on backwards . The big end should go out towards the bale , not the kettle .
That's why they melted . My Performer was assembled by Ace hardware , and they are backwards and burnt up too . Also keeps the lid from going 90 degrees when opened .
I didn't realize it until I put my 26 together .
Like said , just in case you ever decide to replace them . Look at your other kettle . I bet the big side is out .
I'd be curious to know if the lid stores 90 degrees on the new one .

Just a comment for the sake of FYI , and in case you ever replace them . The lid slides are on backwards . The big end should go out towards the bale , not the kettle .
That's why they melted . My Performer was assembled by Ace hardware , and they are backwards and burnt up too . Also keeps the lid from going 90 degrees when opened .
I didn't realize it until I put my 26 together .
Like said , just in case you ever decide to replace them . Look at your other kettle . I bet the big side is out .
I'd be curious to know if the lid stores 90 degrees on the new one .
My lid does not go 90 degrees on the one I just got but I read that they changed the design. I am looking into a way to modify the "new one" made in 2014

Reactions: chopsaw
My lid does not go 90 degrees on the one I just got but I read that they changed the design.
Thanks . I never knew if it was because the slides are backwards / old design or not .
Only way to know is to replace them . I tried to get the nuts off mine before I ordered the parts , and it wasn't worth the battle . So I left it as is .

Love it. That's exactly the same model that my neighbor's tree destroyed last year. Still haven't found a replacement.

Thanks . I never knew if it was because the slides are backwards / old design or not .
Only way to know is to replace them . I tried to get the nuts off mine before I ordered the parts , and it wasn't worth the battle . So I left it as is .
yeah, I am not spending $85 on the parts just so the lid can stay straight up.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky