You people made me do it again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Look what followed me home from FB Marketplace!
IMG_5081.jpg

A Weber performer with gas assist and cover. She even gave me the BBQ tools (like I need more) baskets and a veggie platter. There was even gas in the bottle and it lit on the first push. Thinking it is about 2014 vintage, always stored inside and it looks it...Not too terrible for $100.

My other performer will head to PA for Vortex, and rotisserie duty when we are there.

Nice find! I'd love to find a deal like that locally. I look pretty regularly but most of what I see is overpriced for used or farther away than I'm going for something I can do without.

Reactions: clifish
Great price . You're gonna love the bigger table .
I have the same table on mine . When it gets stained up I give it a lite sanding ( sanding sponge ) and hit it with some Mothers paste wax .

20200330_134520.jpg
20200330_135428.jpg

Last edited:
That's a helluva deal! My old one looks exactly like it. The electric igniter stopped working a long time ago and I never bothered to fix it. Easy enough with one of the long grill lighters. Those setups are a real work horse and a pleasure to use with the table and storage space. Enjoy!

Reactions: JLeonard
I start light handed with a bit of water . Great score Cliff .
Thanks I did it last night with a blue scrubbing sponge and dish soap...good enough for me. I am amazed at how clean it was, seems to be all original but was definitely cleaned and put in the garage after each use.

I was not sure about how much I would use the gas assist but after seeing how it is set up I don't think I will need a chimney with this kettle....will need a second vortex though.

Reactions: chopsaw
Fantastic deal Cliff and congrats on bringing home an amazing cooker for a VERY reasonable price. Older vintage or not, those babies will last for years. Ya done good sir!!
I was not sure about how much I would use the gas assist but after seeing how it is set up I don't think I will need a chimney with this kettle
I also have the Performer Deluxe with the gas ignition system and absolutely love it. Such a great feature to have and super convenient. Just make sure to keep several of the propane bottles on hand. Once you figure out how convenient it is to have that feature, you'll be using it all the time :emoji_wink:

Robert

Fantastic deal Cliff and congrats on bringing home an amazing cooker for a VERY reasonable price. Older vintage or not, those babies will last for years. Ya done good sir!!

I also have the Performer Deluxe with the gas ignition system and absolutely love it. Such a great feature to have and super convenient. Just make sure to keep several of the propane bottles on hand. Once you figure out how convenient it is to have that feature, you'll be using it all the time :emoji_wink:

Robert
yup just bought a 2 pack today as I have no idea how long they last

yup just bought a 2 pack today as I have no idea how long they last
For me they last a long, long time. It gets the charcoal started pretty quick. After about 5 minutes or so I cut off the propane and let the charcoal finish lighting on it's own.
I was not sure about how much I would use the gas assist but after seeing how it is set up I don't think I will need a chimney with this kettle....will need a second vortex though.
I use the propane igniter with the chimney every time if I'm wanting a full load to sear a steak or something similar. Not necessary but it's convenient and fast to get the chimney started. The propane will get the charcoal started faster than newspaper of a tumbleweed.
The igniter works great with the Vortex as well. With the Vortex in the center it will light the charcoal off to one side of the Vortex but it doesn't matter. Once the charcoal is started all of it will be going in no time.

After about 5 minutes or so I cut off the propane and let the charcoal finish lighting on it's own.
That's the ticket . I do the same . For lighting new charcoal I use the baskets . Old charcoal I just pile it over the burner .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky