Gas Grill firebox Repair

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
We recently purchased a new home and one of the items I got excited about was a built in 30" Lynx NG grill. While my wife was cleaning her up we noticed corrosion to the front part of the firebox. I looked it up on the Lynx site and of course it is not a replaceable part. The rest of the grill is in good shape. I was wondering if I could hire a welder to make some kind of repair? It's an expensive grill and would prefer to avoid replacing it.
Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm not at the house at the moment but I will get a picture tomorrow. It's the main assembly of the grill that the burner knobs pass through. The front wall of the grill.

Grill1.jpg

Could you make a template, and have a shop make a heavy SS patch that you could screw or rivet in place? Use SS fasteners.

Reactions: ron50
That's a possibility. My first choice would be to replace the entire firebox but I don't think that will be an option. The corroded gas collector boxes (one of which is shown in the pic) are replaceable parts.
There is a welder near me that does mobile fabrication. If I don't get any help from Lynx I will probably go that route. It's a shame because the firebox has a lifetime warranty from Lynx, but only good for the original owner which I am not. Plus it doesn't look like it was properly maintained. I owner a much cheaper Weber grill that I had for twenty year with less corrosion than this has.
Thanks for the suggestion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky