Hey Chris, Your New Beer Pole....Seriously (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
A while back I posted some recent metal fabrication projects that I'd done. Someone (don't remember who it was) jokingly commented that I should build a new beer pole for Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) As much as it may have been in jest, I thought it sounded like a pretty cool idea. Had a few minutes on Wednesday afternoon so headed to the garage and sorted through a bunch of drops I had from previous projects. A plan started coming together so I started cutting steel. Next thing I knew, only an hour or so later, it was all built. Yesterday I got it all buffed, polished, prepped, and ready for paint then went ahead and shot the paint.

Here it is built and prepped. A few pics.
01.jpg

02.jpg

I left spaces in the bottom so condensation or (God forbid) spillage could run out and not puddle.
03.jpg

04.jpg

Here it is earlier today. Three coats of hammered finish brown exterior grade paint.
05.jpg

I installed adjustable feet in the bottom so you can level it up and make sure it's stabilized.
06.jpg

Of course I had to take it out to the patio and QC the thing to make sure R&D hadn't made any fundamental design flaws.
07.jpg

Large enough for a beer with one of the thick foam Koozies.
08.jpg

Well Chris, I know your beer pole is iconic and a fixture here in the forum. If you just want to keep it and forego this one, I understand. If however you'd like to be the only kind on the block with a toy like this, send me a PM with your address. I'll get it packed up and shipped your way. BTW, it's not as tall as it looks in the pics. It measures about 32" to the bottom of the beer holder. I decided on that height so it'd be easy to access while standing at the grill or smoker but you can still get to it if sitting down.

Robert

Last edited:
Robert I was reading this and thought of you:

Too often the world is full of only about me
Others need help and if only I would be
More generous and caring for others
Realizing at the end of the day we are all brothers.

We all have time to help another
Rather than looking the other way and taking cover.
It may be money, it may be time
It all helps if only a dime.

There is such a need in this world today
To lend a helping hand is certainly a way
We could give back instead of being greedy
The world is full of people who are needy.

Many times it is not their fault
Where they live is under assault
And you never know when the day will come
When you will need a helping hand and some.

So while the times are good for you
Consider others in all you do
Open your eyes and lend a helping hand
There is much we can do, and so much demand.

You will find blessings come back to you
And feelings of thankfulness will be true.
You will impact the lives of others in a way
That you may not realize, please help today.

Last edited:
Dang Robert that is just cool! Love the nice touch of the nylon feet and end caps just legit!!!!

Reactions: JC in GB
Very nice Robert it looks awesome Chis is in for a major upgrade it seems

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky