New prep table

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevinwi

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 8, 2014
Stevens Point, WI
Ever since I built the BBQ smoke shed I've wanted to build a prep table. Sort of a...do everything table...stand around and have a beer to preparing meat and sides....
When I had to sell my pit 5 years ago, the project got put on hold.
Well now with the new Lang 60 on order, I felt now was the time.
The project is not quite done yet as I ran short of material, but you get the idea...pretty happy with how it came out....its all cedar.
Before and after photos.
1000002078.jpg
1000002076.jpg
1000002077.jpg

Looks like a fine place to hang out and cook some great food and have some cold beverages!!!

Reactions: kevinwi
Ever since I built the BBQ smoke shed I've wanted to build a prep table. Sort of a...do everything table...stand around and have a beer to preparing meat and sides....
The project is not quite done yet as I ran short of material, but you get the idea...pretty happy with how it came out....its all cedar.
Before and after photos.
View attachment 691713View attachment 691714View attachment 691716
Sweet !

Love it and will definitely make life easier and more enjoyable!
Do you plan to leave it natural or use a sealant?

Keith
It would turn grey if I don't.....bought some Valspar Cedar stain/sealant to protect it.
Even though the Big posts are treated, I'm thinking of staining those as well.
Unfortunately the weather turned wintery, so that will have to wait awhile.

..bought some Valspar Cedar stain/sealant to protect it.
What did you buy ? Solid , semitone ? Depends on the look you want . You might know that already . I like the natural on cedar . Lets the wood tone come through . Might check for a UV rating before opening too . You probably know all that already . Sometimes it's good to mention it anyway .

BTW . Nice work on that . Gonna be really nice to work from .

What did you buy ? Solid , semitone ? Depends on the look you want . You might know that already . I like the natural on cedar . Lets the wood tone come through . Might check for a UV rating before opening too . You probably know all that already . Sometimes it's good to mention it anyway .

BTW . Nice work on that . Gonna be really nice to work from .
It's Transparent natural cedar tinted stain and sealer....it has a little orange brown tint when I tested it on some scrap pieces.
It's got a 4 year guarantee and does protect from UV for sun fade.

Reactions: chopsaw
Transparent natural cedar tinted stain and sealer
Yup . That's what I like on Cedar . Really makes it pop . That's what I put on the columns on my patio .

I added those roll up shades on the gazebo I put up last year . Gives some really nice shade and blocks the wind if needed . I did it for privacy too , but you don't need that .
20230704_123014.jpg
Show it off after you get her stained , add the TV , bottle opener , fridge , and sink .

Before and after photos.
View attachment 691713View attachment 691714View attachment 691716
Looks like you run a couple bee hives too??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky