Get SMF credit for Amazon Purchases

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I noticed this yesterday on bottom of posts:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

How do you go about getting SMF credit when able?

Reactions: JLeonard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

I believe the credit goes to SMF. Not you. A forum owner perk. Well deserved IMHO.

Reactions: MJB05615
I believe the credit goes to SMF. Not you. A forum owner perk. Well deserved IMHO.
Steve, I think he was asking how to use it so SMF gets the credit.
I believe It would have to be a link to Amazon that passes some info so SMF gets the credit when you buy something after using the link.

I don't even see it and the bottom of the page.

Bottom of page:
1691182982041.png

Reactions: JLeonard

Steve, I think he was asking how to use it so SMF gets the credit.
I believe It would have to be a link to Amazon that passes some info so SMF gets the credit when you buy something after using the link.

I don't even see it and the bottom of the page.

Bottom of page:
View attachment 672612
Yes. I was wanting SMF to get the credit. I buy off amazon daily and want SFM to get credit on eligible items.

Last edited:
Ah, misunderstood your question. Sorry about that.
No problem. I have my first jar of hot sauce going. Man is it active. Got my chicken marinading for tomorrow. Cut back a little on salt as i been salt sensitive lately. Got stuff for bread and butter pickles. Man you guys keeping me busy!

I feel your pain Brian. I want to do some more fermenting this weekend. But next Saturday we are out of town for 9 days.

So If you buy something from a link jeff sends it has a tag in it that gives him the credit. TulsaJeff TulsaJeff may have more to say.

Thank you bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for flagging me to this thread and BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma for bringing this up.

There are a few Amazon links in the forum already, here and there, that are already set up to let Amazon know it came from us.

Amazon requires us to post that statement letting folks know that "there may be affiliate links on this page".

Anyone who wants to support the forum and ensure that SM/SMF gets the credit, can use the following link anytime you shop on Amazon:

https://www.smoking-meat.com/amazon

Using this special link does not cost you anything and does not change the cost of what you are purchasing. I might also add that this does not allow me to see what you specifically purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and thanks for supporting the forum!

I explain this on post #17, I meant to reply to your post and instead just posted (sorry about that).

As an addendum, I think the amazon links as well as the special amazon affiliate statement are hidden from view for premier members.

I feel your pain Brian. I want to do some more fermenting this weekend. But next Saturday we are out of town for 9 days.

I just started two more since my Sriracha came out so well.

Darn I was hoping if I made a link to an Amazon product it would automatically work.

Thank you bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for flagging me to this thread and BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma for bringing this up.

There are a few Amazon links in the forum already, here and there, that are already set up to let Amazon know it came from us.

Amazon requires us to post that statement letting folks know that "there may be affiliate links on this page".

Anyone who wants to support the forum and ensure that SM/SMF gets the credit, can use the following link anytime you shop on Amazon:

https://www.smoking-meat.com/amazon

Using this special link does not cost you anything and does not change the cost of what you are purchasing. I might also add that this does not allow me to see what you specifically purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and thanks for supporting the forum!
Thanks for the replies. I will use the link in the future.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky