We Lost another Member today....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
My Uncle passed away this afternoon. He is the one I have been making wine with. A lot of you may not know him. He is also the one that introduced me to SMF. He did not post much, but spent time here learning about smoking through the archives. Here is his post on the get to know you thread:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...h-your-screen-name.58365/page-88#post-1353954

91470.jpg

He had been in a lot of pain the last year with multiple health issues. It all finally caught up with him. He died peacefully with his immediate family near-by. I'm glad I was able to spend so much time with him the last year or so. We had a lot of laughs, made some wine, whined about some spilled wine, and enjoyed a good many bottles together cooking and fiddling with projects only an old man could dream up. R.I.P. Unlce Noon, you will be missed....

Sorry for the loss Inda, it’s never easy, but I remember the wine making, I’m glad it’s passed to you and others. That’s all we have in the end is the moments and experiences. Rip Uncle Noon.

Sorry for you and your Families loss Inda!! Sounds like a great Uncle to have had in your life!

Reactions: 801driver
Sorry for your and your family's loss at least he isn't in pain any longer.

Sad news indeed. Sorry about yours and your family's loss Keith.

Chris

Sorry for your loss! Enjoyed reading about the wine making time you spent together. Hard to lose those close to us but no more suffering is a blessing.

Ryan

So sad to hear of your loss, Keith. There's some comfort in knowing that Uncle Noon is pain free now. My sincere condolences to you and your family...

My Uncle passed away this afternoon. He is the one I have been making wine with. A lot of you may not know him. He is also the one that introduced me to SMF. He did not post much, but spent time here learning about smoking through the archives. Here is his post on the get to know you thread:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...h-your-screen-name.58365/page-88#post-1353954

View attachment 686549

He had been in a lot of pain the last year with multiple health issues. It all finally caught up with him. He died peacefully with his immediate family near-by. I'm glad I was able to spend so much time with him the last year or so. We had a lot of laughs, made some wine, whined about some spilled wine, and enjoyed a good many bottles together cooking and fiddling with projects only an old man could dream up. R.I.P. Unlce Noon, you will be missed....
I'm sorry for your loss. It's good that the pain is over and unlimited wine for him from now on! :)

Reactions: indaswamp
I expected this after my visit last night, but did not expect it so soon. I have been in the kitchen all afternoon cooking a venison sauce piquant and opened a bottle I had been saving for the both of us to drink. It is a bottle of Langhe Nebbiolo that I thought would be very similar to the nebbiolo we made most recently. Funny thing is, the Bogle Pinot Noir I bought for the stew is an almost exact clone and much closer to how our wine tastes. Intriguing to me..... Anyways, I'm raising a glass...so if you partake.......

Sorry for your loss, prayers to you and all the families. At least you got to enjoy and learn from him while he had a good life. When my grandpap passed it was hard on my family. I learned a lot from him and I just tried to thing of all the good times and how he made me a better man as I grew up.

Reactions: indaswamp
Sorry to hear this, much sadness when you loose a family member.

Sorry for the loss of your uncle and prayers for peace and comfort for you and the family.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky