Super Taster Nirvana...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So I had two open bottles of wine left over from making salami earlier this week. A Dolcetto d'Alba for the Piemonte Salami:

27629055836190.png

and a Compania Aglianico for the Calabrian Soppressata:

11443306397726.png

Both bottles had about 3 glasses left in them so I called up my Uncle and offered to bring them over for him to sample. He had never tried either one. I also brought a Salumi board over along with the 16 year aged cheddar that Steve H Steve H sent to me (REALLY GREAT CHEESE!).

3 of us finished off what was left in the bottles and my Uncle says, "Hey-I found a bottle of 2012 Sassicaia in my wine racks I forgot I bought. You want to open it tonight?"

Well yes I do believe I would! I replied..
IMG_20231025_192736.jpg

Very big, complex, wine with full body and a long finish. Outstanding with that cheese! We sat around on the patio for 4-5 hours visiting, drinking wine and nibbling on the charcuterie...was a great night!
IMG_20231025_192742.jpg

I love my Beer. But I have a great appreciation of Nice wines from my Dad. I would have indulged with that with you for sure!! And the meal also!! Sounds like you had a Fabulous night!!

Reactions: indaswamp
I love my Beer. But I have a great appreciation of Nice wines from my Dad. I would have indulged with that with you for sure!! And the meal also!! Sounds like you had a Fabulous night!!
Thanks Redicans. I have one Uncle that likes really good wines with manners. Always enjoy when he offers up a bottle to open....I always know it will be good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky