Fried Zuke, Ham Sams, & some Visitors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fried Zuke, Ham Sams, & some Visitors

Got a Zucchinni from Mrs Bear’s Sister, and figured it would go good with some “Ham Sams”.

So we sliced half of it up, Egg wash, Italian Bread Crumbs, and into a pan until nice Golden Brown.
Then some Mustard on a small steak roll, and some Sliced Double Smoked Ham.

This Ham Sam & Fried Zuke stuff was good for two night’s Suppers.

We also had some visitors again while eating.

Enjoy the Pics.

BTW: The other half of that Zucchini was good for 6 small loaves of Blueberry Zucchini Bread (Cake)

Bear

Sliced up Zuke:
IMG_2521.jpg

Egg Wash & Breading:
IMG_2520.jpg

Pan Frying:
IMG_2522.jpg

Draining on Paper towels:
IMG_2523.jpg

Yellow Mustard on a small Steak Roll:
IMG_2524.jpg

Ham Sam & Fried Zuke (Supper #1):
IMG_2525.jpg

NEXT NIGHT

Ham Sam & Fried Zuke (Supper #2):
IMG_2532.jpg

Visitors out one of my Front Windows (Mom & 3 Youngsters):
IMG_2511.jpg

Closer Look in my Front Yard:
IMG_2512.jpg

A Youngster Beyond my Back Yard:
IMG_2517.jpg

3 Smaller Visitors in my Back Yard:
IMG_2519.jpg

There goes that bear again with more ideas to make me gain weight. Dang that bear.
Would you do egg plant the same way?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yes we do Eggplant the same way, except after slicing we sprinkle salt on the slices, and let them sit for 30 minutes.
Then we rinse them off & pat dry with Paper Towels. This gets rid of any possible bitterness, especially on bigger & older Eggplants.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: chilerelleno
Thank You Warren!!
Yes we do Eggplant the same way, except after slicing we sprinkle salt on the slices, and let them sit for 30 minutes.
Then we rinse them off & pat dry with Paper Towels. This gets rid of any possible bitterness, especially on bigger & older Eggplants.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
I learned something new today, thanks Bear.
Like!

As always, I love the pics you post, how nice to look out and see that on a regular basis
We love fried zucchini, squash, eggplant, green tomatoes, okra and just about any veggie.
It all looks Great, little drool coming out of the corner of my mouth.:)

Gary

Everything looks delicious!
Now how come you didn't use the air fryer for the zucchini?
Dang brother, you live in a zoo!!!
Al

It’s called speed veal
If it's legal where your at, and that's what you want, then by all means go for it it's your tag.
Tender succulent meat, best backstraps/tenderloins anyone could wish for.
I'll not look down on ya.

I'd rather take a young doe that has a browse feeding Button with her, that way he is more apt to stay on the property and grow.

Reactions: okie362
Looks great John!
Our zucchini plants are going crazy this summer so I've had my share of fried ones.

If it's legal where your at, and that's what you want, then by all means go for it it's your tag.
Tender succulent meat, best backstraps/tenderloins anyone could wish for.
I'll not look down on ya.

I'd rather take a young doe that has a browse feeding Button with her, that way he is more apt to stay on the property and grow.

It was actually a comment made in jest. As for what I actually hunt, I prefer a young doe as well. I will typically pass on a buck unless it's just been a horrible year and I need the meat. I've not found a good way to tenderize the antlers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky