Fricken Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Frick's fricken hams are fricken pre-cooked - you can slice em paper thin right out of the fricken package and have the best fricken ham sandwich I ever tasted.
I like my shaved ham to be a little dry. I know - I'm weird.

I hit the mother load last night at the Food Lion closest to work. They had carvers and petits and plenty of each, but higher priced than the other Food Lion closer to home. I'm hammed out for a while, but will probably try the carver next. I hope it's as good as the petit. I'm sure it will be.

Gotta get my Xmas hams in the cure. Tempus Fugit.

Had the shelves full today . Decided to go with the whole boneless . On sale for $5.49 a pound .They had the dang bone in for $3.49 a pound . Almost switched it , but going for sliced on half of this .
20231208_095733.jpg

what time is dinner?
Never know around here . Usually about 6 .
Toasted grinders tonight . My Son actually converted this grinder recipe into a pasta salad last weekend . It was awesome , told him we need to do the sandwich .
Gonna cross cut that ham in the middle , and save half for a double smoke . Slice half for sandwiches or just eating straight up .
Oh , this was lunch .
20231124_101921.jpg

Reactions: Retired Spook
Man that looks indescribably good.
I spent all night dreaming about it .
My Son did it , so I just got a few pics .
That open face pic is just the bottom , the top was the same .
Toasted the bread , then added the cheese and meat on both sides , and back in the oven .
After it's heated through and toasted , he had a spread of Mayo , Boar's head sandwich oil , red onion and pepperoncini that went on top of one side , and lettuce and tomato on the other side , then closed it up .
Fantastic . Had Cajun chicken breast , salami , pepperoni and Fricks ham for the meat .
That ham warmed up is killer .

I spent all night dreaming about it .
My Son did it , so I just got a few pics .
That open face pic is just the bottom , the top was the same .
Toasted the bread , then added the cheese and meat on both sides , and back in the oven .
After it's heated through and toasted , he had a spread of Mayo , Boar's head sandwich oil , red onion and pepperoncini that went on top of one side , and lettuce and tomato on the other side , then closed it up .
Fantastic . Had Cajun chicken breast , salami , pepperoni and Fricks ham for the meat .
That ham warmed up is killer .
Your son is a food artist. I can taste those sandwiches just looking at them - I am sure they were phenomenal.

I think that Frick's ham is the best ham I have ever eaten - they are ham masters. I bought another little carver ham yesterday and I am going to cook another pineapple brown sugar-glazed ham today or tomorrow.

Reactions: chopsaw
I cooked another one - a little less photogenic than the first one but off the charts good tasting.
IMG_2125.JPG

Slices with a little reserved pineapple brown sugar glaze drizzled on...
IMG_2128.JPG

Just the best fricken ham I have ever eaten.

I'm a mesquite junky for the double smoke . When I do the home cured hams I use Beech pellets . Beech is great on a ham .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky