Favorite Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dont have a favorite, am a bit of a beer snob. but my "go to" is pizza port (san diego) swamis ipa. Great ipa always fresh at store and best bang for buck to boot. Generally about 11.99 a 6 pack of pints...cant beat it

I can't understand why IPAs are so popular. I can't stand the taste. I am typically a Lager guy, but in recent years (since making this post), I have started to enjoy some darker brews, especially Porters. 

It took me a handful of times to ease into ipas. First two times out of bittle hated them. Took cicerone certification (beer server) classes at work and learned about which hops give what qualities. Some hoppy lagers then began enjoying ipas. Now a fanatic.

I love barrel aged beers too. A bourbon barrel aged stout is heavenly...but at $15 to dont even wnt to say, theyre a special occasion beer for me

My daughter works for a distributor and my beer fridg. is over flowing with IPA`s and other stuff. If you live close to me stop by and have all you want to try. That is a sincere offer if you are close to Boonville In. She brings things home after promos. It was OK at first because my friends could keep up but now I only have a small hole for my Bud Light. I don`t like the other stuff but I am not going to throw beer away!

Reactions: docho11idaze
I've been brewing beer for over 20 years. I'm a bit of a seasonal beer drinker. I like porters and stouts in the winter, blonde and pale ales in the summer. My overall favorites are IPAs. I drink them year round and more than any other style. 

Tried Pinedrops ipa by Deschutes last night, goof stuff. Hop Hunter has become my go to beer for the spring and summer. With fall coming I will start drink rye beers with a switch to porters and stouts as the weather gets colder. Some of my favorites

IPA:

Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter

Founders Centennial

Southern Tier 2XIPA

Stone Ruination

Sierra Nevada Torpedo

Rye Ales:

Founders Red's Rye

Southern Tier 2XRye

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye

Porters

Founders Porter

Smuttynose Robust Porter

Stouts

Southern Tier 2XStout

North Coast Old Rasputin

Southern Tier Choklat

@m00se I live in central illinois. Ive never heard of that brewery. I am in a rural area so I have to drive a distance to get any decent beers. I am going to take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip.

@m00se I live in central illinois. Ive never heard of that brewery. I am in a rural area so I have to drive a distance to get any decent beers. I am going to take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip.
Tell your beer guy to source whatever beer you're interested in. Chances are, there'll be other folks just as interested as you are and it's a win/win for everybody.

There are very few beers I've found that I don't like.  A well crafted brew is usually good to me.  I may prefer one over another in a certain situation,but I just like the taste of beer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky