Flanks Steak on my Weber gasser

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Did a flank steak on my Weber. Was not wanting to fire up the smoker so I used a smoke tube to enhance the flavor a little. Roasted up some red potatoes and steamed some broccoli for a nice simple dinner the other day.

Haven’t used the Weber in a while as I have been mostly smoking on the offset. Flank steak is a favorite of mine. It’s how I learned to grill as a kid watching my Dad. Back then it was a cheap piece of meat that fed the whole family easily! It is still one of my favorites after all these years. Could have gone another minute or two but it was still tasty!!

IMG_5169.jpeg
IMG_5170.jpeg
IMG_5173.jpeg
?hash=6f234356a4ace3adad0861e397ef1c82.jpg
IMG_5171.jpeg
IMG_5174.jpeg
IMG_5175.jpeg
IMG_5176.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5168.jpeg
    IMG_5168.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 8
Looks like a good flank.
I'm glad I didn't learn to grill from my dad. I think all he ever cooked was hot dogs.
And I agree with maybe another minute or two, but that's just us.
When I read Weber my first thought was kettle. Fooled me for a minute.

• Haha
Reactions: Redicans
I've never done a flank steak, and I really need to. Think I might go pick one up!!

You should for sure! Great and versatile steak!! Great for a simple meal or mix it up to tacos or fajitas or any number of other recipes! Great flavor and tenderness, just make sure you cut across the grain😉!

I just did a simple olive oil binder then salt and pepper and a little rosemary, perfect! But you can go with anything you like on a Flanks Steak! Hope you go for one, you will not be disappointed!

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Looks like a good flank.
I'm glad I didn't learn to grill from my dad. I think all he ever cooked was hot dogs.
And I agree with maybe another minute or two, but that's just us.
When I read Weber my first thought was kettle. Fooled me for a minute.

Thanks Edmonds, Yep the middle could have used just a touch longer. Left overs were perfect though! Yeah Dad didn’t cook much but he could grill Steaks,Chicken and pork like a champ, Mom did the rest😂😂

Last edited:
Perfectly done for my family Red, We like seeing the nerves twitching when we slice into out beef.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Redicans
Perfectly done for my family Red, We like seeing the nerves twitching when we slice into out beef.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Yeah I like it like that but the family likes it a little more cooked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky