IPA beer can Vortex whole chicken with @Jcam222 sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Wanted to break in the new vortex today on the new to me kettle, very windy day. Also needed to try some of the jcam222 jcam222 sauces that I just came into possession of.

Rubbed the bird down with the poultry rub that came with the vortex bundle.
1.jpg

Onto the kettle with hot briquettes and cherry chunks on top. I am really liking the gas assist on this kettle to light the coals. Filled the beer can with garlic cloves and a some fresh sprigs of rosemary growing inside now, also sprinkled a bit of the rub into the can.
2.jpg

Some brews for the wait and into the hot tub to wait out the cook with nice music playing on the Sonos outside.
4.jpg

Inside we roasted some honey nut squash...a new one for us. Very small but that allowed me to put some of Jeff's sauces to the test.

I used his smoky nuclear hot honey, Raging rooster siracha and the Smokey out of control on the squash.
6.jpg

about an hour and a quarter the bird looked great and temped out.
5.jpg

7.jpg

Plated up, super juicy and delicious. Going to do this again.
8.jpg

Now onto Jeff's sauces.
jeffs sauce.jpg

Let me tell you at first I tried the Nuclear honey with a small drop on a chip and thought "I might need to kick this up more" (I do like very hot). But, let me tell you, when you use more than a couple drops you feel the heat first in the back of the mouth and then it engulfs the whole mouth. It is hot, but (at least for me) not ungodly hot. I will be using this quite a bit, ribs, burnt ends, pizza.....??? maybe even some ice cream?

The raging Rooster siracha is also good and I can see unlimited uses for it on all types of and styles of food. It also won't last long, the pineapple in it goes very well with the garlic and siracha.

I did not yet get a chance to try the Habsolutly Habanero yet but will update when I do.

Now, the Wildfire Smokey out of control is a game changing sauce. Hot, very smokey and oh so flavorful. I want a gallon of this sauce. I can't think of a meal - breakfast, lunch or dinner that I would not want to use this for.

Great job Jeff, you are truly a master of sauces!

Wanted to break in the new vortex today on the new to me kettle, very windy day. Also needed to try some of the jcam222 jcam222 sauces that I just came into possession of.

View attachment 679161
Onto the kettle with hot briquettes and cherry chunks on top. I am really liking the gas assist on this kettle to light the coals. Filled the beer can with garlic cloves and a some fresh sprigs of rosemary growing inside now, also sprinkled a bit of the rub into the can.
View attachment 679162
Some brews for the wait and into the hot tub to wait out the cook with nice music playing on the Sonos outside.
View attachment 679163
Inside we roasted some honey nut squash...a new one for us. Very small but that allowed me to put some of Jeff's sauces to the test.

I used his smoky nuclear hot honey, Raging rooster siracha and the Smokey out of control on the squash.
View attachment 679164
View attachment 679165
View attachment 679167
View attachment 679166
Now onto Jeff's sauces.
View attachment 679169
Let me tell you at first I tried the Nuclear honey with a small drop on a chip and thought "I might need to kick this up more" (I do like very hot). But, let me tell you, when you use more than a couple drops you feel the heat first in the back of the mouth and then it engulfs the whole mouth. It is hot, but (at least for me) not ungodly hot. I will be using this quite a bit, ribs, burnt ends, pizza.....??? maybe even some ice cream?

The raging Rooster siracha is also good and I can see unlimited uses for it on all types of and styles of food. It also won't last long, the pineapple in it goes very well with the garlic and siracha.

I did not yet get a chance to try the Habsolutly Habanero yet but will update when I do.

Now, the Wildfire Smokey out of control is a game changing sauce. Hot, very smokey and oh so flavorful. I want a gallon of this sauce. I can't think of a meal - breakfast, lunch or dinner that I would not want to use this for.

Great job Jeff, you are truly a master of sauces!
Looks great!. Always fun stuffing something that shouldn't fit.

View attachment 679161
View attachment 679162
View attachment 679163

View attachment 679164
View attachment 679165
View attachment 679167
View attachment 679166
Now onto Jeff's sauces.
View attachment 679169

The raging Rooster siracha is also good and I can see unlimited uses for it on all types of and styles of f

View attachment 679161
View attachment 679162
View attachment 679163

View attachment 679164
View attachment 679165
View attachment 679167
View attachment 679166
Now onto Jeff's sauces.
View attachment 679169

Now, the Wildfire Smokey out of control is a game changing sauce. Hot, very smokey an
Thanks for the kind words and feedback! Very glad you like the sauces. I'm a big fan of the wildfire too. Pretty hot with that nice hickory smoke finish. I have one bottle stashed just to insure the next batch matches up. I'll be do it mg a new batch mid November. May be a tad hotter as I used red habs instead of orange this time along with my scorpions. That honey is pretty deceptive at first lol. As you said slow burn then WHAM lol.

Nice color on the bird Cliff . I like the roasted yellow squash , and hot honey goes perfect on it .
That table on your performer looks great . Heck of a find and heck of a cook .

Reactions: clifish
Man, that yard bird and squash looks great! I'm pretty sure the sauces are way out of my heat range. I'm a wuss.

• Haha
Great work on that chicken Cliff. It looks delicious, and from your description. Jeff's sauces will accompany many of your future cooks.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: clifish and jcam222
O....M....G!! That all looks so good. the chicken is outstanding and I love what you did with the squash. Add Jeff's sauces and you've got a grand slam home run. Very nice Cliff!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky