Fasting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Watching this forum during a extended fast is torture! I am 3 days into a 4 day fast. I do 3 day ones several times a year for the autophagy to keep from getting Alzheimer's which is in my family. I doing this 4 day in hopes for an immune system reset. Doc says my immune system is what causing my hand and skin problems and not crazy about taking that METHOTREXATE!

I did a 48 hour day for holy week, first time for me. My stomach is hurting thinking about it. It was an intense and very fruitful experience for me.
Prayers for your strength to push through and that it helps resolve your issues.

Reactions: JLeonard
I have been on the OMAD (One Meal a Day) diet since Jan. 1. I only eat dinner. I've lost nearly 20 lbs. and feel better than I've felt in years. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was on Methotrexate for about 4 years. You are correct that you definitely do not want to take that. The side effects were awful and I'm now on a different med. The fasting hasn't improved my RA, but I do feel better overall. Probably not for everyone, but it's done wonders for me. Definitely hard for my smoke meat addiction. Good luck!

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Watching this forum during a extended fast is torture! I am 3 days into a 4 day fast. I do 3 day ones several times a year for the autophagy to keep from getting Alzheimer's which is in my family. I doing this 4 day in hopes for an immune system reset. Doc says my immune system is what causing my hand and skin problems and not crazy about taking that METHOTREXATE!
Interesting info to read. Sorry you have issues as such. Feel better

Reactions: JLeonard
I fast every day. No food after 7 pm, no calories before 10AM. That's 15 hours a day not eating. I've lost over 50 lbs since starting in 2016 and maintain my weight now. And, did i mention I smoke a lot of meat?

I fast every day. No food after 7 pm, no calories before 10AM. That's 15 hours a day not eating. I've lost over 50 lbs since starting in 2016 and maintain my weight now. And, did i mention I smoke a lot of meat?
I do about 16 hours on weekdays. Been doing this for years and pretty much keeps my glucose good.

We stop eating around 4:00 PM, then don’t eat again until 7:00 AM. But we do eat several small snacks or meals during the day. I weigh the same that I did in High School. I guess you just have to find what works for you THAT you can stick with without feeling deprived. Good luck!
Al

Ask you Doc. about magnesium. It is very important for the immune system and inflammation. And up to 68% of American adults do not get enough through diet alone...

Agree with SmokinAl SmokinAl . There is not one way for everyone to manage their diet. Have to do what works for you. For me, the small meals throughout the day didn't work because I can't stop eating once I start :) Easier for me to manage calories by eating once a day. I should also add that I started walking 10,000 steps per day religiously since Jan. The combination has worked wonders for me.

Reactions: jcam222
Good luck to ya, my wife does intermittent fasting and loves it. Not sure if that's something that would help or not, but might be worth a Google. 👍

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky