2017 Fattie Contest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Woman at my work , her husband did a vertical tank build recently.. says it's really working well. I'm trying to get those 2 in the forum. They seem interested in the fowlerville fatties fest competition also.. lol

Last edited:
I haven't practiced any fatties. Gonna wing it this year. Lot of work to do and I'm usually really busy all weekend of the contest.

Rings you and your friend should come to the contest

Never been there but it's my understanding that it's on private property owned by hillbillyrkstr an active forum member and avid meat smoker.
Fowlerville Pork Producers are one of a few sponsors.

Walt

Yes sir walt it's on my property in fowlerville which we refer to as Wonder Dog Ranch. We have 12 acres. Plenty of room for tents and rv's to set up shop for the weekend.

So, off topic a bit but I had to share...
I told my daughter I was going to Fowlerville next weekend to smoke a fatty.
"What?" she says "you don't have to go all the way to Fowlerville, I can get you some 'stuff'around here"
I said " No, no...it's a contest"
She says "to do what, see who can pass out first"?
Well maybe but...
Anyway, I now know my daughter knows where to get 'stuff' and she knows what a sausage fatty is.

Last edited:
Reactions: humdinger
We had 2 rv's and a tent last year.

That's hilarious walt!

As of now I can think of a few who are coming out Friday night. Choc said he was, robbq is coming to camp out, you walt and probably a few local friends as well. It's never big Friday night. We always have a few people over and have a fire and watch a movie on the barn. After work whenever is good by me.

I hope we can match the 20 fatties entered from last year. fattie turn in time is noon.

Thanks Scott, I don't want to be a pest I just wanna be there enough before dark to set up, meet the hard cores, maybe help out with any last minute stuff, sip a couple cold ones and relax...was thinking about 7:30ish...

730 works for me. I'll probably need some help throwing together 100 or so abts Friday evening

Getting closer. Takes to my buddy greg last night while we cooked cooked steaks and sweet corn on FPPs grill about trying to get 30 fatties entered this year. It's gonna take some late entrees but it's not impossible!

Another Thursday at the farm.

Reactions: bangotwango
I have heard about this Fatty contest from a friend on mine.  He said it was a blast. 

I will be there!  Is there a prize for 1st place? 

And let the trash talk begin...lol
Well, mmaybe 2nd or 3rd because I AM winning this contest. Bring your A game. I understand competition is tough.

If you haven't followed...
Fatty's are rolled with one pound of ground meat of your choice and must be turned in by 12:00 (noon) on Saturday for smoking.
Good luck...looking forward to meeting you.

Walt

Fowlerville Pork Producers is our main sponsor this year and yes they told me last night a whole hog is being donated as the first place prize. Winner has to pay for the cut but the hog is free. Biggest prize we have ever had. Should step up the fattie competition.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky