2017 Fattie Contest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fattie week ladies!

Get your practice in the next few days if you want that whole hog in your freezer!

Thank you again to FPP for the donation of the hog.

Beer koozies arrived last week. And I designed the first and last place shirts today. I wouldn't want to be wearing that last place shirt! Lol!

We also have a prize pack from Kreeger Farm Market and a free deer processing from Marks deer processing to award as prizes!

Cool...just finished my grocery shopping today. Planning on three Fatty's but one might get smoked before Saturday...lol
Chuck roast burnt ends...got about 13ish pounds of chuck...
I picked up a few pounds of fresh green beans to bread up and deep fry and the makings for a double batch of spinach dip...

My daughter is still laughing about the whole fatty smoking contest thing...I might have her talked into coming Saturday afternoon. Counting down...

Walt

I like it joken! Solid offering!

Greg is suppose to drop FPPs rigg off Thursday so with that and my smokers we will have plenty of room!

Getting excited hillbilly! Got the old man coming with me and bringing his camper so we can do it up proper on Saturday night! I will be bringing two trays of mac and cheese plus the full packer brisket. I don't know if I'll have time to throw together a fatty to enter, but if I don't, I'll volunteer to judge (if you still need judges).

Can't show up empty handed...lol
Besides, Im thinking I might wanna get invited again next year.
I've had the experience of hosting big gatherings and doing all the meat, with the only requirement for attendance is a dish to pass and a beer for me too and had far too many folks show empty handed or with a last minute bad of chips offering...I ain't gonna be one of those folks.

Walt.

Hillbilly Sounds like I am going to miss a great party. Jeanie and I will be up north. I will get in touch sometime in September when I am in the Fowlerville area.

Well I appreciate it joken. Thanks.

Your gonna miss a good one bar. Maybe next year.

Allrightythen...got the filling for the winning fatty done tonight...got à big bowl of spinach dip made up and the chuckies for burnt ends are thawing nicely and should be ready to rub up Friday for an early morning start Saturday.
Gonna give the old bullet smoker a wash down tomorrow and get it ready to load up. See all y'all this weekend.

Walt

Sounds great! Competition is gonna be tough this year with that hog prize!

Uh-oh...I just made the filling for a 2nd fatty I had planned on just having as a dish to pass Saturday...
While the two fillings are pretty much as opposite as you can get flavor wise, they are both pretty darn good and IMHO worthy of entering.
Decisions, decisions...

Walt.
PS
If that's the hardest thing I have to do today...everybody should have it so hard [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
Cool deal. I'll be interested too.
I didn't roll mine yet because I was worried about them holding up...at the same time I want the flavors of my filling to meld and develop.
Can't wait to see the shirts. I used to own a custom tee shirt shop.
Walt.

Wish you still owned that shop walt would have saved me some coin!

Rules.

Why you ask?

Because this isn't some Busch league event.

Follow them. Have fun. Turn in by noon. Make sure you bring your box greens or you'll have a fattie in a styrofoam box.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky