Leftovers TD Entries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well ladies and gentlemen, we are down to the final two days to get those entries sent in. Chris and I decided on this theme because almost everybody has a ton of leftovers after the holiday and we thought it'd give lots and lots of people an opportunity to participate. Sadly, thus far the participation has been somewhat disappointing. Nowhere near what we had hoped for or expected. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into these events from our sponsors, the admin team, and Chris & I (not so much me this time though) and it's disheartening to see all the effort has not gotten the support we'd anticipated. I've received several entries and there has been some real creativity displayed, but I know there's so much more out there among you good people. Please take a few minutes and create something fun with any leftovers you may still have and send in an entry....make us feel like all the work has been recognized. Show your support for SMF and our sponsors with some participation please. I'd just hate to see our sponsors drop off due to a lack of participation from our members here :emoji_wink:

Thank you all and have a great weekend,
Robert

Still time to catch one, cook him up, eat him . Than do something with the leftovers .

JUST saying

1701525500164.png

David

Come'on folks, if you really think about it. One box of this or something similar:
1701525213171.png

Could get your family eating something like this: I hope you don't mind that I used your picture civilsmoker civilsmoker , but it just looks so damn good.
1701525331537.png

Picture credit goes to civilsmoker civilsmoker from his thread

Or one of our many other fabulous prizes. For me it would be a nonissue to enter. Heck you never know what will catch the judges eye, and it really doesn't cost you anything. It's a win-win!!!
Chris

Wow...what an oversight on my part. I totally neglected to mention the time and effort that all of our judges put into these events, doing the scoring, and sending me their tally. Please believe folks, there are a lot of people involved to make these events happen. Let's not disappoint :emoji_wink:

Robert

Come'on folks, if you really think about it. One box of this or something similar:
View attachment 682295
Could get your family eating something like this: I hope you don't mind that I used your picture civilsmoker civilsmoker , but it just looks so damn good.
View attachment 682296
Picture credit goes to civilsmoker civilsmoker from his thread

Or one of our many other fabulous prizes. For me it would be a nonissue to enter. Heck you never know what will catch the judges eye, and it really doesn't cost you anything. It's a win-win!!!
Chris
I don’t mind the re-share of the pic, the TD prizes are legit for sure!

The sponsors and judges spend a lot of personal time and resources for members to “play”…..just one more example of a judge sponsored prize in action……
IMG_5906.jpeg

Last edited:
We just had sandwiches with the little bit we had left from the two 21 lb turkeys I smoked. We usually make pot pie which was gonna be my entry. Teach us to have the entire family over. Was also thinking of making a dressing and egg stuffed fatty but didnt have any that left either except for the oyster variety which didnt seem appetizing to me. Thanks for all your effort. Holidays seem to be a tough time to find time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky