Where's the smoke this weekend & what ya smoking ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
I am doing a brisket while doing outside yard work ( trimming downed trees ) .
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

More spares and a couple of whole chicken. I'll probably have some ABTs for snacks.

May have to dodge some lightning and rain drops, but that's OK.

Going to be trying my first brisket for my daughter's 2yr b-day party on Sunday. I may have some rain challenges as well and a timeline of noon on Sunday so it's going to be interesting but I can't wait!

I'll be doing my second smoke of a corned beef point for pastrami. It'll be my first on the new ecb. I think I'll go to the grocery store early in the mornin to see what else I can find to throw in there.

I have bee slacking and should figure out something to smoke this weekend. I have three butts in the freezer but it probably to late to get them going. Maybe I will get a bird and make a beer butt chicken its been a long time since I have made one of those.

probably taking the weekend off of bbq, might change my mind.

I am fixin to grill some more oysters, and maybe do some skirt steak on the Weber kettle tomorrow. Maybe some of the beef will make it onto the WSM.

Really kind of want to give my tastebuds a break for a week or two from smoked foods with a competition coming up at the end of the May, kind of reset my pallete.

Started curing my bacon last Monday. Is going in for an 8 hour cold smoke on Sunday. I am using a hot plate and a cast iron frying pan in my ECB temps stay between 100-120°F. The smoke will be a mix of 1/3 Hickory and 2/3 Maple

I am having a gathering w/ about 15-20 people... It is suppose to be in the mid 80s... might play some outdoor games (wiffle ball, bean bags) and drink a ton LOL... Smoking a Pork Butt, Briskett, 2 Sausage Fatties (not sure the stuffing yet) & 2 ground Turkey Fatties 1 stuffed w/ spinach and fetta & the other i am unsure... gonna wrap them in turkey bacon
I am really loking forward to some warm weather and Ice Cold Beers...

with the weather being horrible the rest of the weekend and today being the only nice day im atleast going to bust out some big burgers tonight after work....but thats about all ill have time and the weather will permit me
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

hopefully its nice for mothers day so i can take my first run at pulled pork!

Since we boiled crawfish last weekend ,I'll be doing spares and a double batch of wicked beans

I'll be doing the first burn on the new stick burner to cure it before next weekends big Mother's Day smoke. Think I may do a venison backstrap since I'll have it heated up anyway. Maybe some ABT's too.

lmao I see your poiint

But we will trim them down so we can split them into firewood and we use the limbs under our boat docks for crappie .
icon_cool.gif

We are having a big b-day party for my brother in law on Saturday. They are smoking 17 pounds of tri-tip and a huge pork loin. My contribution for the party is three batches of Dutch's Beans, Jeff's Sauce, a Rassberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce and some Mahogany Sauce for the pork loin. I made the sauces last night and I am making and smoking the beans as soon as I get home for work!

Oh ya and it's an Ironman birthday party. We are playing golf in the morning, then onto the bowling alley for some bowling and beer and then back to the house for some horse shoes, BBQ and more beer. Can't wait!!!
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky