What pellet grills have Auto Relight?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johninar

Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Are there any grills that come with auto restart (or auto relight)? I have a Traeger Tailgater that travels in my motorhome that has the Savannah Stoker controller. I'm searching for a new pellet grill for the home that has the same feature.

TIA,

John

Last edited:
My Tailgater has auto restart or should I say relight. I love it! Best thing I ever did with the Tailgater was install the SS. Any time the temp drops to 170 (user programmable), the ignighter fires up. It prevents flameouts. Something that happens occasionally, even with clean pot, fresh pellets and a clean probe. Although the probe has no function with the Traeger on smoke setting. It's strictly timer settings.

Which model? I read the manual for the 700 and didn't see anything about it.

They are wifi ready and download the app. You can turn on turn off raise and lower Temps and monitor the Temp probes during your cook
You can find everything at their website or call them.

They are wifi ready and download the app. You can turn on turn off raise and lower Temps and monitor the Temp probes during your cook
You can find everything at their website or call them.
I'm aware of the wifi and such. I have wireless probes now. The wifi feature doesn't do auto-relight as I was looking for. Thanks for the note.

Smokin Brothers have the Savana Stoker controllers and this feature I believe. They are built similar to how Traeger use to build grills when they were made in the states. Good quality.

Pretty sure recteq has this feature. When you navigate to the auger minimum feed rate section of the control app it says bla bla bla bla "... grill has experienced a flame out and automatically re-ignited".
Thanks for the reply. Somehow I missed that when I was reading the manual. That helps.

I sent that question to Rectec and got a response today.
Hey John,
Thank you for reaching out to us. The RT-700 does feature an auto re light if the grill starts dropping in temperature too quickly, and luckily flame outs aren't a common occurrence with our grills.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky