Watch Your Chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Years ago a buddy told me a story of how he killed a rattlesnake, took it's head off, skinned it, and put it in his kitchen sink. Couple hours later he heard his wife scream, he ran into the kitchen where the snake had crawled out of the sink and was crawling around the room.

Always remove the head of a rattlesnake before going for the rattles.

One Eyed Jack is right about snakes. Eight to 10 years ago I was with a group shooting prairie dogs in South Dakota. One day, we also killed two prairie rattlers, a 4-footer and a 5-footer. I beheaded, skinned and cleaned both in preparation for breading and frying them for dinner. The snake killed later in the day was the most active. With no head, hide, nor entrails, that snake curled up on the table and cocked its missing head in striking position. I'd had enough experience with frog legs that it didn't totally spook me, but some of the guys from less rural backgrounds were pretty freaked out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky