Cornell Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking chicken David. Simple, basic, delicious finished plate. Can't ask for anything better than that.
I came across this one by none other than our resident enabler-in-chief, Steve Steve H Steve H ...🤣
That Steve H Steve H ....the BASTARD!! :emoji_laughing: He will be solely responsible for the ruination of us all.

Robert

My apologies Charles. I'd read through several posts I wanted to respond to and had a brain fart thinking this was David's thread. I'll try to be a bit more on-the-ball in the future. See what happens when you fall way behind here in the forum? And to think I have not even had a beer yet today :emoji_laughing: Won't be long though.....

Robert

Oh man thats a good looking plate. Yeah I am about ready to throw out my chest freezer (its on its last leg anyway) and get a upright. Its amazing how stuff migrates to the bottom of one. I keep looking I might find those socks that disappear in the dryer!
Jim

A chest freezer is a great place to "lose" stuff and while digging around in mine, I "found" a family pack of boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Trying to figure out what to do with them that was something different, something I had never done, I looked to the search feature on here. After looking through several threads, I came across this one by none other than our resident enabler-in-chief, Steve Steve H Steve H ...🤣

I said, "That's it!" I have never made this, but remember reading some posts about it and thought it would fit the bill, so here it is with only a few pics...

Steve's recipe used 2 lbs. of B/S thighs, but my family pack was 5 lbs. so I doubled his recipe and it worked just fine. Only other thing different was the marinating time. He marinated his for 24 hours, but because I found the recipe the day I was planning to cook it, I only marinated my chicken for about 8 hours. Next time, I'll be better prepared...:emoji_wink:
View attachment 679485

On the grill over some lump and maple splits, basting occasionally with the marinade...
View attachment 679486

Served with smashed gold potatoes, roasted carrots, and green peas...
View attachment 679487

And to quote Steve, "If you never had this. I strongly encourage you to try it." I agree 100% and will do this again, it was a big hit. I don't know why it took me this long to make this. Thanks Steve for the inspiration...
I can almost smell it from here. Good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky