Upgrade!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

babydocsmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2022
Northern Utah
IMG_9362.jpeg

The 1250 got some new hardware. As it gets a little cooler, we’re gonna try out some smoked cheese!!

IMG_9363.jpeg

Runs about 100 degrees lower than the CC above and much lower below. Had the pit set to 400 to burn it in. The vent is located right in the middle of the box, so we’ll have to see how she performs. Might need a little modification, but I’m looking forward to trying her out!

Its not like I need another smoking/cooking device but just having one to have as a warmer that adds some additional smoke would be nice......
The one thing I have noticed is that I seem to be getting more smoke out of the 1250 with the warmer/cold smoker attached. I think that maybe it slows the smoke down a bit & it has more time to collect in the CC & flavor the meat more. Even at higher temps ( I usually cook at 180 ), 250-275, I still get some good smoke flowing.
Al

Nice! I want to add cold smoking to my bag of tricks. Still pondering what I m going to do for that.

The one thing I have noticed is that I seem to be getting more smoke out of the 1250 with the warmer/cold smoker attached. I think that maybe it slows the smoke down a bit & it has more time to collect in the CC & flavor the meat more. Even at higher temps ( I usually cook at 180 ), 250-275, I still get some good smoke flowing.
Al
Interesting. I guess in a way it would work as an extension for the smoke stack right?

Al
I can see that, as it introduces more losses into the system. It strikes me as it would really improve a reverse sear smoke, i.e. a tomahawk, tri tip, or a normal steak, with the lower temp. Dropping the temp from 180 to 160 on a 1-inch steak for the pre-smoke would help reduce the pre-cook and allow for a better sear..... Its going to be on my radar now..... although currently I'm focusing most my "discretionary" funds into the piggy bank to build the smoke house cave, aka the new home of the X Fire and copper pot.....

I am a bit green looking at that. :emoji_wink: Wow, very nice. Hope you and your family get years of good cooks off that bad boy.

JC :emoji_cat:

it was 47 at home this morning, going to buy a few more boxes of sausage patties and cold smoke for 2 hours then vacpack in smaller portions, would like to see 40 for a few nights also thats a nice addition to have right there

Reactions: civilsmoker
it was 47 at home this morning, going to buy a few more boxes of sausage patties and cold smoke for 2 hours then vacpack in smaller portions, would like to see 40 for a few nights also thats a nice addition to have right there
Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky