Smoked Braided Pork Loin with Peach Glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
I ran across the post from Milkman55 of when he did a braided pork loin with a peach glaze. My mouth started watering right away. I figured I would treat my wife to an "unusual" smoked dinner for our anniversary. Even though it was Saturday and I didn't get to do it until today, oh well. I was shooting for a temp of around 250. Firebox side, lower grate level was clocking at 350-375. Top gauge was 400 and the stack side grate level was 250 - 300. I place the loin with the thickest part facing the firebox side. Closed the lid and checked every 30 min or so. Temp was pretty steady, but a bit high for what I wanted. The IT hit 145 in just under 2 hours. I changed the position of the loin and started mopping it with the peach glaze sauce maybe 3-4 times over the next hour. When the IT hit 165, I glazed one last time, pulled it off and let it rest in tinfoil while my grilled taters were finishing up. While slicing into the braided loin, you could tell there moisture was just not there. It didn't taste as dry as it looked but that glaze was a lifesaver. I've heard that loins can be tricky. The things I would change would be start with a much lower temp fire. Use a pan of water in the CC, (which I forgot to do this time). Maybe sprits the loin a few times after the first 1.5 hours. The taste profile was dead on. Just lacked a little more moisture. That glaze sure "slaps" though.
braided loin.jpg

First off....Happy Anniversary!
Secondly....Loins can be tricky due to the lack of internal fat. Yours looks mighty good though. I'd not turn it down.

Jim

Thanks guys... It is true, loins can be tricky due to the lack of internal fat. That ole saying is perfect for pork. "Low and Slow". Can't rush it.

Looks like you did good on the braided loin. But like said loins can be dry and I myself pull at around 140= deg. and let it rest.

And happy anniversary. Time does fly, we are at 39 and bearly feels like 50 , lol

But I also love doing them with glazes or stuffed.

I have one coming in soon with my Apple Butter in and on it

David

Sure looks yummy! 😋 Yeah, I'm with David and would have pulled it no later than 140º and let the rest take it to 145ºish. Peach glaze sounds wonderful. Care to share the recipe?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sure looks yummy! 😋 Yeah, I'm with David and would have pulled it no later than 140º and let the rest take it to 145ºish. Peach glaze sounds wonderful. Care to share the recipe?
Schlotz, type in Braided Pork Loin in the search. milkman55 has a post from March 4th, 2023. That's where I got the recipe.
Don't know if that link will work. Not the most computer savvy person around. Good Luck

Reactions: schlotz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky